Chapter 23: The plan

We ready for the plan that totally makes sense? Let's go.

      "Energizer bunny rocks!"

      "What does that have to do with SPYDER?"

     Erica was looking at me like I had some sort of serious illness. In truth, I wasn't even sure if I was right.

      "The Energizer bunny! The huge sign on the billboard? The ad that's been playing nonstop on television?"

     "I don't watch television, but that still doesn't have any correlation with SPYDER," said Erica.

     "I thought so too. I began to pay attention when the same ad was playing two times for a minute each every basketball commercial break. Then I realized that on the footage, the guards were wearing the energizer logo along with SPYDER tattooed on their arm."

     "So what? I fail to see an-"

     "Can you stop interrupting? I'm in the middle of proving my only worth on the mission. Anyways, I think that their plan is already in action. They've rigged the commercial break. I think that they've bought the Energizer battery brand, and they're promoting it as much as possible without making it seem too suspicious. "

     "So? How is that going to make them rich or powerful? After all, that's what they want every time, right?" Asked Catherine.

     "Yeah. This plan has probably been going on for roughly a month, and there's virtually nothing we can do about it. Commercials have such a big effect on the world, and I bet that Energizer's sales have been up over 500%. They don't even have to pay money for the commercials. They've taken control of the control room in every major basketball stadium, and I think the reason that the main bosses are stationed here is because it's the most popular stadium."

     "Even so....How are we supposed to stop it?" said Erica.

     I pondered for a while. SPYDER's plans were never flawless, but this one seemed like it. They purchased Energizer legally, and to kick them out of the control room would only stall them for so long. The only way to truly stop them would be to get the CIA to somehow shut down the NBA. Even so, it would only take them a matter of weeks to take control of the NFL, and EVEN SO, we didn't have any evidence of them doing anything illegally.

     Then Catherine spoke. "We're at a stalemate. They have the power, the plan, the ransom card, and plenty more that we probably haven't found out about."

     "No, we're not at a stalemate. It's time to resign. Missions fail all the time, and they won't kill us for it," said Erica.

     I was furious. Their cash cow was setting them up for victory. They wouldn't even need a sponsor for the next big plot, they could just fund it themselves.

     "We can't just let them keep Mike and Zoe! I'm not letting them stay there." I said.

     And thus, the mission went from thwarting SPYDER and doing reconnaissance, to grieving Cyrus, and rescuing my two best friends.

     Wow. What a great da-

    "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG." I had gotten up towards the window and immediately, a barrage of shots from snipers and even a minigun went at me.

     "Three snipers, one minigun, two handguns, and a rocket launcher."

     A rocket launcher? When's that going to hit the hote-"

     BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

CAN WE GET TEN VOTES FOR THAT GODLY CHAPTER

Jk it sucked.