TWENTY SEVEN

━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━

TOM HOLLAND

Tom paced the floor of his parent's house, fear swirling within his body. Over the past few weeks, Zendaya had been ignoring all of his calls, texts, and probably even his voicemails too. What had happened? He tried to remember if anything was off when he had left Los Angeles but his mind was blank. There was no answer to the reason why his girlfriend was acting like this. Was it something he had done? If so, what had he done? This whole time, Tom had thought they had gotten through the hardships, that they had moved past it as a couple, but he and Zendaya couldn't seem to catch a break. 

"She's probably just busy," Tom's mother reasoned with him, looking up from the book she was reading. "Her lifestyle is similar to you, Tom."

"But she's never too busy for me!" Tom shouted out, his arms outstretched, regret already filling his body as he saw how shocked his mother was at his outburst. "Shit, I'm sorry."

He knew he was selfish, wanting his girlfriend all to himself right now, especially if Zendaya was actually just busy. But he couldn't help but worry. 

"Just leave her another message," His mom suggested, standing up and placing a gentle hand on Tom's shoulder. "I'm sure she'll come around."

Tom sighed as his Mom left the room, opening his phone to see the many notifications lighting up his phone, but none from the person he wanted to talk to the most. 

He was hurting more than he wanted to admit; after all, he didn't want to be seen as that clingy boyfriend that kept checking in but he couldn't help it. Tom loved Zendaya so purely it even scared him sometimes. He missed her luscious hair, the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed, or how she always scrunched her nose when he annoyed her. 

It had been over a week since they had talked, and Tom's flight back was still weeks away. Despite being back in London to spend some more time with his own family, he wanted Zendaya here more than anything. 

Pressing her contact on his phone, Tom tried to call her again. As the phone rang, Tom prayed that Zendaya's voicemail wouldn't pop up. 

"Hey! It's Zendaya, and I'm probably not home right now, but please leave a message!"

Her voice calmed him, but her voicemail did little to help calm the storm racing through Tom's body. 

"Hey, Coleman," Tom croaked out, his voice so quiet and small. "I miss you— like crazy. I know you wanted me to go but... you haven't been answering any of my calls or texts."

Tom paused, his heart hurting more than he wanted it to. He still remembered the day he had left, how she smiled, even if her eyes were washed over with a silent wish that he could stay.

Looking back on it now, Tom didn't know why he didn't invite her in the first place, after all, she hadn't even met his parents yet.

"Look, I hope you're okay, but please, if you need anything, call me. I'm here for you, Z. I love you."

Tom hung up and sighed as he pushed his phone into his pocket. He got up to leave, but not until a familiar sound buzzed from his pant pocket.

Quickly he reached in and pulled his phone out, revealing a single text.

We need to talk.

[UNEDITED]

------

I'm back! I'm so sorry for being gone for so long, but online school was really getting to me and I needed a little mental health break away from writing <3

this chapter is so short, but I promise things are going to get better from here!

as always, thank you for reading and have an amazing week!

Sophia