pov

word count: 5,222

my heart is so happy to give you all the much deserved part three of "positions". hope you love it!

also longest imagine yet because you all deserve it. <3

—————————————

DISCLAIMER: this is part THREE to the mini-series as follows:

part 1: "positions"
part 2: "obvious"
part 3: "pov"
part 3.5 (epilogue): "someone like u"

so make sure to read those BEFORE this!

—————————————

////////////////////////////////////////////////

track fourteen: pov

////////////////////////////////////////////////

I like to think that our story
isn't over just yet,
that someday we'll meet again
and finally get it right.

FARAWAY

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Part Three of "Positions"

////////////////////////////////////////////////

you know me better than i do,
can't seem to keep nothing from you

Ariana's POV

Her.

A simple, underwhelming, three letter word.

Yet, no matter how hard I tried, no matter the distractions I have aimlessly used to try not to, all I could ever do was think about her.

Why?

Why was she so damn special?

There was nothing outstandingly remarkable about her. She was a talented musician for certain, but I met talented musicians daily. She couldn't cook for the life of her, she didn't enjoy parties, she despised being the center of attention—which was now incredibly ironic considering the amount of spotlight she's been getting for her album.

Yet, I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

It wasn't one certain thing about her that I kept thinking about—no, that would be much too kind a gift from the universe to grant me such a privilege.

At first, it was simple to ignore. Just a whisper of a voice in the back of my head that would take its time to remind me of her existence.

The first time it happened was just a couple of days after I initiated the break.

I was set to appear at the 2018 Met Gala. I almost backed out, and maybe I would have, if Alexa wouldn't have convinced me otherwise. It would be a good distraction, or so she had told me.