positions

Word count: 2600

—————————————

DISCLAIMER: this is part ONE to the mini-series as follows:

part 1: "positions"
part 2: "obvious"
part 3: "pov"
part 3.5 (epilogue): "someone like u"

so make sure to read those BEFORE this!

—————————————

THIS IS AN ALTERNATIVE STORY/BEGINNING TO "off the table", AKA WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF Y/N DIDN'T DIE. ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ "off the table" TO UNDERSTAND THIS, I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU DO !! THANK YOU

You look like olivia rodrigo in this story (PS I GOT SOUR TICKETS ??????)

all songs mentioned are from SOUR by olivia rodrigo, i do not own any of them, all credit to her!

////////////////////////////////////////////////

track twelve: positions

////////////////////////////////////////////////

the universe brought us
back together this time,
and i'm never letting go.

UNKNOWN

////////////////////////////////////////////////

heaven sent you to me

Y/N's POV

She was getting married. I almost didn't know how to process it. She told me she would wait, she promised me she would. Looking back I don't know why I believed her, she had a track record of moving on too fast. Maybe I believed her because I was desperate to, I was desperate to believe that someone could love me the way I thought she did. I didn't know what to think about the engagement, how could she get engaged after only a few weeks of dating? After only breaking up with me two weeks prior to the announcement of the relationship? Had she been cheating on me the entire time? Was she so desperate to get out of the relationship with me that she made up an excuse about only taking a "small break"?

I ran my hands over my face before looking around my room, the room that we had once shared. The room she had bought me as a birthday present only four months prior. Our polaroids littered the wall and even some strays on my dresser that had either fallen off, or I simply hadn't put them up yet. My eyes caught the first polaroid we had taken together with the simple caption "heaven sent u to me <3". I scoffed, how stupid had I been to believe her? I wondered if all our friends had known she was playing me, because I know if she was true there's no damn way that she could fall in love with somebody that quickly. Especially him of all people. Pete Davidson. What was so attractive about him really? I couldn't see it, but then again I always thought Ariana's taste was questionable. I would often tease her about it too.

Although Ariana and I were no longer together when her and Pete made things official, the familiar sting of betrayal still radiated from my chest. She had every right to be with him, and in a way I was happy for her, but it still didn't stop me from sobbing when I watched her say to Zach Sang that Pete was her Nonna's favorite significant other that she ever had, because that used to be me. Nonna would always tease us about getting married, and the thought of her Nonna now favoring Pete, sent me down a spiral of doubts. Listening to her say that her mom absolutely adored Pete immediately, how her friends loved him, it was just my breaking point.