Pirates Part Two

"Well?" Lily asked when Kit came back.

He tried to hide a smile from her. "It was fine."

She squinted at him then shook her head slowly. "Liar. Why do you seem so..." she waved her hand around in a way that meant nothing as she searched her mind for the right word. "Pleased? Is he an idiot? It would be good if he were."

Kit plopped down on the middle of the deck, laying back and staring up at the sky. "No, he's not an idiot."

Lily watched him with a strange expression on her face. "Well, don't go soft on us just 'cause he's cute."

Kit scoffed, rolling his eyes and looking over at Lily.

"Do you think he can find us?"

"Of course not," KIt snorted.

Lily came over and layed down next to him. They laid there in silence for quite a while before Lily said, "Just... don't get too attached. We'll leave eventually and getting attached never helped anyone."

"I won't," Kit said, quietly, closing his eyes. "I won't."

Ty called his sister the next day. Their island had quite advanced technology considering they still dealt with pirates. The phones they had could communicate with certain people inside the island and this was considered very impressive. "Dru. I need your help. Get over here as soon as possible."

"A case?" she asked excitedly.

"Of course," Ty said with a smile.

"Right away, Ty-Ty."

She was there in less than an hour whirling in like a miniature tornado. "Who is it? What have they done? I'm so excited!"

Ty led her into the next room, a bulletin board covered in different slips of paper hanging on the wall.

"A pirate?" Dru clapped her hands together as she stared at the wanted poster of Kit that Ty had taken from Officer Jones. The picture had to be the blurriest thing she had ever seen in her life. It was more of a blur then a boy. "Do you have the names of his crew?"

"Most of them," Ty said, waving his hand toward a list of names at the very top of the bulletin board.

"Lily Chen. Jonathan "Jace Herondale. Clary Fairchild Herondale, the wife of Jace. Magnus and Alec Lightwood-Bane although they are not on board at the moment. They are living elsewhere with their children. Simon and Isabelle Lightwood, another couple. Maia Roberts and Bat Velasquez." Dru tapped her finger against Alec's name. "They should be the easiest to find. We should find them."

"Two places they may be," Ty said. "One is an abandoned church. My other source only said they lived on the northeast part of the island."

"Where are we going first?" Dru asked.

"Where do you want to go first?" Ty asked, smiling fondly at her sister.

She spun around to face him, grinning. "The church: I love creepy places."

"Seems pretty empty to me," Dru remarked, shining her lanterns light through one of the broken windows of the church. A rat scurried out from under one of the old rotting pews and she scowled at it. "Doesn't exactly seem like a place for kids. How old are their kids anyway?"

Ty shrugged as they started to leave the church. "My sources didn't have a ton of information. These guys just disappeared after adopting their first son. I only know they adopted a second son because of the adoption records."

"Didn't they use fake names?" Dru asked, blowing out her lantern as they stepped back into the dim sunlight of the early evening.

"Of course, I recognized the handwriting."