Chapter Eight

"So, you think Mr Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalists then framed Cabbage Corp?" Lin asked, exchanging a glance with Tenzin.

"That's quite an accusation. Do you have any evidence?" Tenzin added.

"Well, I don't have concrete proof, but I heard some things. Sato is definitely up to something," Korra responded.

Lin nodded, considering the possibility. "He does have the resources to do something like that... and a possible motive."

Korra's curiosity was piqued. "What motive?"

"Twelve years ago, the Agni Kai Triad robbed Sato's mansion. A firebender killed Sato's wife during the break-in."

"That's terrible."

"It was tragic. He may be been harbouring anti-bending sentiment all this time," Tenzin replied.

"Maybe we should look at Mr Sato a little more closely," Lin said.

As they approached the gates of the Sato Mansion, Tenzin, Lin, and Korra noticed a group of people waiting outside. As they drew closer, they recognized Mako, Bolin, Asami, and Korzi standing there with puzzled expressions.

"Hey, what's going on?" Mako asked as they approached.

"Korzi? What are you doing here?" Tenzin questioned his daughter. She rolled her eyes and replied, "I told you I was going to a friend's house and you said alright."

"I didn't know you had friends other than Korra," Lin commented which made Mako and Korra snort but the young airbender glared at the police officer.

"Nice to see you too, Lin."

"What's going on? Why are they asking Hiroshi more questions?" Mako asked.

"I overheard him on the phone yesterday. Asami, I don't know how to tell you this, but I think your father might be involved with the Equalists." Korra said while completely ignoring Mako.

"What? I don't believe this," Asami said incredulously.

"You spied on Hiroshi?" Korzi said, "Not cool Korra, even for you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Korra snapped.

"Mr Sato, we need to ask you a few follow-up questions," Lin said as she and Tenzin approached him when he came into view.

"I assure you, my father is innocent," Asami interjected. "Just because we're not benders doesn't mean we support those awful radicals."

"Equalists? Is that what this is about?" Hiroshi asked, looking surprised. "I can assure you I have nothing to do with those extremists."

"Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about, Korra," Mako said glaring at her.

Korzi grabbed Korra's hand and pulled her away from the interrogation, causing Korra to tear her hand away from Korzi and glare at her.

"Do you not believe me?" Korra asked.

"No, I do. But what are you thinking?" Korzi retorted, hitting Korra over the head.

"What do you mean?" Korra asked, confused.

"Listen, I believe and trust you, but what if you're wrong? Sato paid for your team, a bending team. Why would he do that if he hated benders?"

"It was a cover-up!" Korra yelled, but Korzi hit her over the head again, telling her to stop yelling.

Korra was about to snap back when someone cleared their throat behind them. The two turned their heads in the direction of the sound, their fight was cut short.