{23} The Problem With Labels

Alice:

I wait 'patiently' in my living room at now...past one o'clock in the morning. I don't know exactly why I agreed to help Sam out. Maybe I want to apologize...nah it's probably just to see what has them so riled up. Right?

He seemed really happy and relived once I said yes, but told me that they'll most likely not get here till past one in the morning. So I haven't slept since we got back from talking to Katashi about the oni and his silverfinger.

I pick up on some footsteps stopping outside my door before hearing them start to argue at who should open the door. Rolling my eyes at their childish antics I walk over to the door before opening it. My heart beats rapidly in my chest but I ignore it and clear my throat, grabbing both of their attentions.

Sam is beyond tall and well built from the last time I saw him back when we were teenagers. Dean is only a few inches shorter then his younger brother but still looks like he's a pain in the ass. "You guys should probably come inside before they call the rent a cop from the lobby."

I move out of the way and they both enter. "Just set everything up in the dinning room." Sam stays behind as I lock the door. Great here comes that awkward talk I never wanted to have.

Turning around I'm engulfed into a large moose hug, leaving me to breath into his chest from how tall he is. I wrap my arms around him, or atleast try to, suddenly missing him after so long. "It's good to see you again." He says sounding about as sincere as a guy ever has to me speaking those words.

I grab a piece of his hair toying with it and smile up at him. "What's up with the hair goldilocks?" We both laugh, but then that pause after you stop laughing and that look into eachothers eyes thing happens. I swallow the lump in my throat as I stare up at him.

"I'm really sorry, Sammy." I barely manage to get it above a whisper. It's seems to be only just enough for him to hear.

His face sadness but he nods his head nonetheless. "You two planning on making out the whole night or am I getting some help anytime soon?" Dean of course ruins the moment.

I gesture for Sam to walk towards the small dinning room and we both silently do. Dean already has all the research they've managed to accumulate over the past couple of weeks from the case. "I didn't want to call you but Sammy here thought that given your family's history that you might be able to help."

He hands me the a paper and the first thing that draws my eyes is a name circled in pen. "La Loba." I read before looking across the table at them. "So basically a female wolf."

"Werewolf sorta." Sam says. "From what we've figured out it's some type of different class of the were things family."

I nod my head and tap my fingers atop the table. "They say that when a person gets bit that sometimes the shape they take reflects the person they are. So you guys are definitely onto something."

"Any idea as to what this something is or at least how to kill it?" Dean questions.

"Well if it's involving a were something then wolfsbane should do it." I tell them as I glance through some of the other papers on the table. "But as to what exactly it could be, well I just don't have enough here to think of anything off the top of my head."

"Well then I guess we're sticking around a few days longer." Dean gets up and makes himself at home by walking into the kitchen.

"Still a pain in the ass I see." I mumble loud enough for him to be able to hear.

"Screw you, Argent." Dean grumbles.

"Sorry you're not my type." I sass back. Maybe I should bring up the fact that I am basically a were something now. "There's something I need to tell you."