Chapter 09 {Granted Truth}

(A/N: Hello, guys. And sorry if the updates became less and less, it's all due to college and the approaching mid-terms. Soooo, mom cut my online time even more than usual... hopefully you'd understand. Onto the chapter now!)

Music: Persona 5 OST 08 - The Poem of Everyone's Soul

*******

PLAY THE VIDEO NOW!!!

*******

------??????------

Nothing could ever be seen around. It was only pitch black with nothing but blackness. Silence enveloped the area around except for the faint sound of water dripping in the distance and the clunking sound of metal. It was so quiet, and what a peaceful quietness it was. So perfect, so tempting to remain like that, and so desirable--a world of nothingness where nobody can be a source of bother in any form.

But...

"Wake up, Inmate!"

"........!"

A loud gasp escaped from her mouth as her dark brown eyes fluttered open. Heavy pants came out from her lips due to the aftermath of waking up like that as she adjusted her seat, held her aching head, and shook it ever so slightly. Emiko darted her eyes around her to see herself locked in a small room and sitting on a wooden plank as a bed and noticed that she wore a striped black and white suit and no longer had her glasses on her face. Both of her arms and legs were cuffed in chains making her limbs feel numb. She tried breaking free from them much to her shock, but to no avail.

"Wh-What is this...? A prison cell?"

There, at the door of the cell, stood two young girls with platinum blonde hair and yellow eyes. The first one had a long braid, while the other had two hair buns who both wore black eye patches, a blue prison guard outfit, brassards on their left arm, and matching black ties.

"So you finally woke up, Inmate?"

"Inmate...?"

"You're in the presence of our master. Heed his words."

"Master?"

"Titania, welcome to the Velvet Room."

That voice came from a bizarre old man with a long nose pointed ears and bulging, bloodshot eyes who wore a black suit with white gloves sitting at a table in the center of the room. His eyes were fixed on Emiko which caused her to feel a little uncomfortable and alerted.

"Welcome, Titania. I am quite pleased to finally make your acquaintance."

"Titania? What is this? What's going on here? What is this place? And more importantly, who are you?"

"Ah, pardon me for not making any introductions yet. I am fully aware of your confusion, so I shall explain everything to you. I am Igor, the master of this place. And those are Caroline and Justine; they serve as wardens."

"This is a place between dream and reality, mind and matter, and only those who signed a contract may enter this room." Caroline explained.

"You have signed your contract with us when you have awakened your powers; the Persona."

"My Persona...?"