Chapter 7

Callum

I could tell Lyria was confused. Everyone in my family knew about Tamlin and what he did to my mother. She didn't have a clue as to how much of an asshole he was. 

Lyria asked, "Who the hell is Tamlin? Judging by all of your faces, I'm going to say he's a douche. But correct me if I'm wrong."

My mom choked out a laugh. "Calling him a douche would be a compliment. He's far worse."

"Then why are you letting his daughter stay here?"

"We decided to try repairing relations with the Spring Court. His daughter will stay with us for a few weeks. Then Cal will stay with them."

I scowled. I never agreed to this. I didn't care if we stayed enemies with the Spring Court for 200 more years. I've heard it's a beautiful place. But beauty often hides the monster within.

"Who are you?" Aunt Mor question Lyria. They openly stared at each other. For a second, I felt a strong urge to protect Lyria from Aunt Mor's questioning gaze. 

"Lyria Whitethorn Galathynius. I'm new around here." She answered.

"Lovely to meet you," said Aunt Mor. "I'm Morrigan. But everyone calls me Mor. What court are you from?"

Lyria laughed. "It's a long story."

"I've got time."

----------

"What is Terrasen like?" Aunt Elain asked. She wanted to hear Lyria's story. 

She sighed, a wistful smile on her face. "It's wonderful. The mountains paint a beautiful background against a picturesque city. I can't put it into words."

"What's the fashion like?" Of course, Aunt Mor was interested in fashion. Lyria was oblivious to the fact that Aunt Mor was planning a whole wardrobe for her.

"There's a variety of clothing. A ball gown shop could be right beside a shop selling hunting furs and winter boots. Women wear dresses and trousers. One of the reasons for that is because my mother doesn't like to wear dresses during the day. Although, she does jump at the chance to wear something fancy."

"Would you like to walk around Velaris for a bit," my mother cut in. "I'm sure we could all use some time to de-stress."

Lyria perked up. "I would love to! But would I wear my suit out there? It's the only thing I have."

Aunt Mor practically dragged Lyria away. While they were changing, everyone else was getting ready to leave. I turned when I heard someone come down the stairs. Aunt Mor was beaming as Lyria came into view.

She was wearing gold Night Court attire that brought out the gold in her eyes. The top showed her midriff, and the pants hung low on her hips. My gaze traveled up her body as she walked down the stairs.

Someone elbowed me in the side, and I turned with a scowl. My father smirked. "Close your mouth. You look like a drowning fish. If you want to talk to her, then go."

I closed my mouth with a snap. "Who said I wanted to talk to her?"

Uncle Cass sidled up. "It's pretty obvious. You brought her here. Talking to her is the least you could do."

I frowned. "Every time I've talked to her, she glares at me."

"And who's fault is that?" Uncle Az asked. Now I was surrounded by guys trying to give me advice for my love life. I didn't even have a love life! The girls had already left, so I was stuck here with them. I winnowed out of the crush of their bodies.