[TJWNAT] 8 - Grasshole.

***

CHAPTER 8 :

I put my phone back to the table, went to the bathroom and get ready for school.

Avoid Jake the best as you can, I think to myself.

"Mom, can I use your car to school?" I asked.

"Sure honey," She threw the car keys to me and I catched it, happily walking to her car.

"So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans," I sang along to the song blasting on my phone, tapping my finger on the steering wheel to the beat of the song. On my spare time, I really love to just sit on the piano and sing. I've been playing the piano and singing as long as I can remember. It made me relax and calm, like all my problems I'm having are gone for a while.

My plan today was to avoid Jake, no seeing him, no talking to him, no nothing. I'm pretty sure he'll beat me to death after what I've done to him.

I parked my car on the school driveway, get out of the car, closed the door, and locked the car.

Once I went in, I saw Jake talking this usual group of friends.

Shoot.

I let my hair fall -covering my face- and rushed off to class. Thank God I don't have a class with him today. I searched for Brenton and sat down on the empty seat beside him, putting my books on the table.

"Hampton, when we're going to do the project?" He asked.

Damn, I totally forgot about the whole project thing. "Oh yeah that, um today after school if you can?"

"I'm free," Brenton responded.

"Good, your house or mine?" I asked.

"Yours if you don't mind?"

"I don't."

Avoiding Jake, check. This is easier than I thought, If I saw him on the hallway, all I have to do is turn around and go from the other side.

Now, it's lunch time. I haven't seen Jake yet, hoped it stayed that way.

"What did he do to you?" Joe asked referring to Jake.

"Nothing yet, I've been avoiding him," I replied, shoving the spaghetti in my mouth.

"Wimp," Camilla said.

I pulled a face.

"Be ready, Lex. Here they come," Camilla smiled slyly.

No, no, no!

I stared at Camilla with wide eyes.

I felt someone sliding next to me, I don't have to turn around to know who it is. I can smell his strong cologne from here, which I have to admit, it smells really good. Where did he get it? Abercrombie?

"Soo, this is the girl who tin foiled Jake's room?" A guy sitting inbetween Joe and Camilla said, he has blue eyes and an Australian accent.

"That's me," I tried to sound confident. "With a little help from these two," I pointed to Camilla and Joe.

"Dimples, I know you've been avoiding me," Jake spoke up beside me.

I laughed nervously, no point on denying that.

~*~*~

School was finally over. I survived.

I was in my room, waiting for Brenton to arrive so we can do our project.

Ding.

Brenton : I'm really sorry I can't make it, there's a sudden change in plans, I need to go somewhere.