T w e n t y S e v e n

Ophelia's POV
I'm currently shopping with Rain for a last minute homecoming dress. I had so much on my mind the past week that I totally forgot about my dress.

R: What about a blue one?
O: Hmm...nah I'll either get a black one or a red one.
R: A red one? Since when would you wear a red dress?
O: Chase likes it when I wear red and I mean it does suit me. Also you are going to wear blue so..?
R: Huh...Chasey, Chasey you're gonna get it tonight...
O: Oh shut up.

We got our dresses and we left for coffee.

Rain's dress:

My dress:

R: So how's Blake?O: Blake? He's umm

R: So how's Blake?
O: Blake? He's umm...fine?
R: Why did he come back?
O: Family reunion I guess.
R: And who's that guy, who came with him.
O: He's Jax Black. He's a really good guy.
R: He seems really really nice.
O: Rain! You're with Axel!
R: I still have eyes tho.
O: Whatever you say.

I got home after lunch and I wasn't really hungry so I just ate a granola bar. The dance was at 6 pm until 11pm and I got two hours to get ready. I curled my hair and did my makeup slightly fancier.
I wore my dress and I was admiring myself in the mirror when door opened suddenly.
O: God Chase! You scared me, why wouldn't you knock?!
C: If I'll see something I haven't already, I'll blow you a whistle.
O: Oh hell no you didn't say that.
C: I actually did.

I slapped his forearm and he pulled me in by my waist.

C: I love it when you wear red.
O: I know.

He kissed me passionately, his hands holding my waist tightly.

O: Anyway, what made you come in here?
C: Do I need to have a reason?
O: Chase.
C: Yeah okay, um can you tie my tie?
O: Sure.

He was wearing a black button up shirt with black jeans and a red tie, and can I just say that it was the cutest little thing the fact that we matched.

C: Thanks.

He kissed my forehead and hugged me. He whispered something but I didn't quite get it.

O: What did you say?
C: Oh nothing, I said that we should be going soon.
O: Sure, I'll check myself again and I'll be down in a minute.
C: You don't have to, you're perfect.
O: You're cheesy.
C: You love me tho.
O: Yeah, I really do.

He intertwined our fingers and I got my purse before we could leave. We went to the living room to say bye to our parents but of course my mum had to take some pictures. To be honest I wanted them too, so I told her to send them to me.

Chase went up to his dad and hugged him which slightly shocked me cause he never does that.

J: You're so grown up honey.
O: Mum don't start now-
J: And you're going to be 17 in 6 hours.
O: You seriously calculated the hours?
J: I only have a daughter, of course I calculated the hours.
O: Oh God mum.
J: You and me, birthday breakfast, tomorrow. I want to celebrate your birthday first thing in the morning.
O: Sure mum.

I hugged my mum and we went to the car. I looked at Chase wandering what's wrong.

O: Babe , are you okay?
C: Yeah, love, why wouldn't I be?

I was almost convinced that everything was just in my imagination but his smile gave it away. It was a faint smile, a fake one. He was smiling but his eyes screamed of pain. I returned the smile and placed my hand on his. He started driving to the school. I tried to shake it off but of course it was still in the back of my mind. Whatever was wrong with him I wanted to help but how could I if he wouldn't tell me what was wrong.