8

Donna woke up the next morning feeling great; better than she had felt in over a week. She didn't know if it was because she was so excited about the pregnancy, or hopefully this bout of morning sickness was over. She wasn't going to hold her breath but she was hoping it was the latter. She was disappointed when Sam wasn't lying beside her when she woke up, but instead found a pot of tea next to the bed. 'I hope he doesn't drive me crazy before the baby gets here' she thought to herself. She appreciated how loving and caring he was being, but she was still an independent woman. She didn't want to lose herself, and it scared her at times how dependent she was becoming on Sam and his love, and how she would melt when he smiled at her. It had been a long time since she felt this way, well 21 years ago with Sam to be exact. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Sam talking to Pepper outside the window as they were working on sprucing up the hotel. Donna drank her tea, took a shower, and got dressed so she could help with the renovations.

When Donna stepped out of her bedroom all thoughts of helping with the renovations escaped her mind when she saw Sam. He was standing there painting without a shirt on, his chiseled upper body glistening in the sun and paint on his face. He was utterly sexy and adorable all at the same time.

Sam was in his own little world painting when he felt two arms encircle his waist and a pair of lips kissing his back.

"WHAT THE" Sam said as he jumped around hitting Donna in the head with the paintbrush.

"Jesus Donna you scared the hell out of me, I didn't know who it was." Sam said slightly annoyed.

"Well, no one else better be kissing your bare back but me." Donna said also slightly annoyed.

Sam softened a bit.

"No, you are the only woman who gets that access."He said with a wink.

"How are you feeling? Should you be out of bed?" Sam asked concerned.

Donna let it slide; she was too turned on at the moment to get frustrated with his constant concern.

"Well, I woke up and you weren't there. I am feeling MUCH better and I thought maybe we could spend some time in bed, just the two of us, NOT talking." She said as she blew in his ear and gave him kisses on his face.

"Donna, we can't, not yet. You haven't been to the doctor yet, we don't know if it's safe. I can't let anything happen to you or our baby." Sam said, kicking himself for saying it.

"You listen here Sam Carmichael, this HAS to stop. I am not an invalid, I am pregnant." She lowered her voice with the last word, hoping no one heard.

"I wouldn't do anything to hurt our child. If I want to have sex, I will have sex. If I want to go run on the beach I will go run on the beach." Donna yelled as she stormed off.

"Wait, where are you going?" Sam asked.

"I have some bookkeeping to take care of. Is that okay with you? I promise not to get a damn paper cut!" Donna yelled.

Boy, I've done it now, he thought. I have to cool it or I am going to drive her crazy. Sam stayed away from the office for the rest of the day, and Donna stayed away from Sam. It was the longest they had been apart. By the time the sun had set that evening they went to look for one another. They ran into each other as she was coming out of the bedroom and he was going in-both looking for each other.

"I have been looking all over for you!" They both said, and then laughed.

Sam took her hand and led her to the bed.

"I am sorry I have been overreacting. I was just scared when I found you unconscious on the floor, and don't know what I would do if anything ever happened to you." Sam said as he caressed her hand.

"It won't." Donna said with a kiss to his hand.

"Honey, you have to chill. It is fine for us to make love it won't hurt the baby. I can do everything I always have; I just have a baby growing inside of me. If you keep this up, I might kill you." They both laughed.

"I know, I'm sorry, all these emotions are so new to me. I have never experienced a pregnancy with someone I loved this much before."

"What about when Lorraine was pregnant with the twins?" Donna asked.

"Well, it wasn't planned; she actually tricked me as a way to "save" our marriage since I was still in love with you. And, it was only one pregnancy. I wasn't as present as I should have been, since I felt deceived. I guess that is why I am being a little too attentive." He said with a grin.

"Honey, I am sorry, I didn't know she tricked you, I guess there is still a lot we have to learn. I want you with me every step in this pregnancy, but you can't be afraid I am a porcelain doll who is going to break. Okay?" Donna asked as he ran her hands through his hair.

"I am sorry." Sam said with a kiss.

Donna deepened the kiss, and the next and the next until he was slowly lowering her to the bed.

He was careful not to put any weight on her; she pulled him down and looked intently into his eyes.

"I love you, Mr. Carmichael."

"I love you, Mrs. Carmichael." Sam said as he began to explore her mouth with his tongue.

It had been over a week since they had made love and they had no control that evening. Donna couldn't move fast enough. She quickly discarded his shirt and he hers. Once he had gotten rid of her shirt, he kissed his way down to her pants, and once he had unbuttoned them he placed several sweet kisses on her belly that held their baby, bringing tears to her eyes. She pulled his face back up to hers and kissed him with such force that left them both spinning. Once they were completely naked, Sam entered her gently until Donna picked up the pace. It didn't take long for their love to come together and explode.

"WOW! Maybe we should fight more often." Donna said lying on top of Sam.

"Let's not go that long without having sex again." Sam said laughing.

They were both spent, feeling better having resolved things, and ready to tell the world a little Carmichael was on the way. Neither one knew how their love would be tested in the future.