The French Press of Belarus

Niko didn't move much in the following days due to exhaustion and a bad headache he was busy sleeping off. Mallomor used this opportunity to explore the surrounding town.

Mallomor was happy to be free to wander around the town, without Niko telling him where to do or what to do to not attract suspicion in human form.

He found a stand ran by a Pluto dog.

Pluto dogs were aliens from the planet Pluto, not the one in our solar system, a separate one, in a separate solar system.

The stand was run by one Pluto dog, a Pluto bitch, if you will. She was very short with long, brown fur, big, dewy eyes, and instead of a pair of cute ears, she had a pair of lighting-shaped antennae. The stand advertised as selling traditional Plutonian dolls to attract good fortune, which were based off of dogs she knew.

They weren't super expensive, $5 a piece.

A certain one caught his eye, shining like steel, blue, purple, and deep green. Its pose gave off a duality of both confidence and cunning, like a warrior. Though it didn't seem of especially high rank.

Hell had its share of funny animals, so Mallo didn't notice the seller's species too much.

Niko was lying in his houseboat's bed, dozing peacefully.

Tsarina mewed at Mallomor when he came in, and was curious about the parcel in his arms.

"It's a present for Niko, don't ruin the surprise."

Tsarina stared, blank, but said nothing.

Mallomor carefully opened the door to prevent it from squeaking, and lightly shook Niko awake. Being a light sleeper, Niko soon awoke, somewhat dazed.

"Oh, you're awake!" Mallomor placed a kiss on Niko's cheek. "I think I found a way to help you out!"

Mallomor gave Niko the figure. Niko immediately recognized it has a good luck statue made by traditional Plutonian artisans.

"Where the hell did you find this?"

"There was a street vendor. $5 for each once."

Niko set the statue on the nightstand, and snuggled back up.

"You're not angry with me, are you?"

"I'm not. Why would you think that?"

"I don't... I don't always understand your emotions."

Niko chuckled and held Mallomor's hand. "I'm not angry, just...surprised. I never expected to actually get one of these. Did you get the seller's name?"

Mallomor shook his head. "Eh...they said nothing..."

"I'll track down the artist when I'm better."

Niko laid back and relaxed.

Mallomor leaned over, and asked "Can we cuddle?"

Niko nodded, and he held Mallomor tight. It was nice to not have to worry about any supernatural problems, but to just relax and spend time with their partner.