12. Orphan

"Ryder did this to you?" He said gritting his teeth.

"Yes, but no one can know ok?" I said worriedly

"I'm going to kill him with my bare hands" Dylan said rising to his feet and making a fist.

"Dylan stop" I said almost screaming

He turned around and looked into my deep brown eyes.

"Leave him alone, I wanna wait until I have figured out the whole situation to start taking legal charges." I say while holding his hand to calm him down.

"Fine, but the police will hear about this." Dylan says a bit calmer but still agitated.

After that Dylan helps me stand up and gets me walking again after a few gos.
I was still really sore from last night but I took some pain relief and was able to manage.

-a few days later-

I got my head around the whole situation I was put in. I had tried talking to my parents about it but they were not as understanding as I had imagined

-on phone with mum-

"Mum, your not listening. Someone came into my dorm room, tied me to the bed and raped me. I didn't have then sex willingly." I say almost in tears.

"Charlie Louise Steenkamp. You could have stoped the person from raping you. Your stronger then that. Therefore you had the sex willingly. You are such a disgrace to our family, you had sex when you are not even out of high school and now your trying to cover it up with lies? Your father and I are disappointed." My mother said angrily

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Mum, he was double my height and 3 times as strong as I was. I tried to fight back but he gave me bruises." I said now crying.

"We will continue to pay your school fees for this year but after that your no longer going to be going to that school or will you be welcomed into our home. You can live with the boy you had sex with and you will be responsible for your own life." He aid right before abruptly hanging up the phone.

I burst into full tear. Dylan had gone to the cafe to get us some food and return a little bit after my mum hung up.
He saw me crying and wrapped his arms around me.

"My mum disowned me" I say before pushing my head into his chest.

"I'm sorry babe, I think she will come round." Dylan said hopefully.

"My mum is the one of the most stubborn people I know, she won't change her mind easily." I say drying the tears from my eyes.

We hug for a few more minutes then go over and eat the food from the cafe. All of a sudden Dylan leaps up and says. "My mum, my mum could help us. She is the most understanding and kind women in the world."

I was a little shocked at the studded movement but if he really thought we could do that then I would believe him. His mother lived in a small town about 4 hours from the school. The next weekend bright and early the Friday morning(we had the day off) we got into the car and drove to their house.

The house was quite nice, it was a white and gray colour on the outside, there where a few trees here and there and some flowers. We knocked on the door and a nice lady in her mid 40 came to the door.

"Hey mum, this is Charlie. We need to talk to you about something"

She invited us inside and offered us some food or refreshments, then showed us the living room and told us to sit down.

"I'm Mrs. Hargreaves. But you can call me Jill." She says to me shaking my hand. "Dylan why did you come all the way here?"

"It was something important ma, Charlie was alone the other night in our dorm and someone got into the apartment and raped her." Dylan said with a worried expression.

"Oh hunny, I'm so sorry." She said turning to me and giving me a hug.

"That person was Ryder" Dylan says quickly.

She sat there for a few minutes. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I thought this day might come. It's in his blood." She muttered to herself.

"What's that ma?" Dylan asks in surprise.

"I never told you or your brother this but...Ryder was a rape child. I was raped and had him."

Both my and Dylan's faces went pale in surprise.