𝟵 | 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 | 𝘁𝘆𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

| 𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳

Requested by uwu_woo117

༄❦

Hueningkai laid on the practice room floor, his chest rising up and down.

"Get up Kai. You need to practice more.." Hueningkai mumbled to himself, getting up from his lying position.

He walked over to his phone that was connected to the speakers, he looked through the group's song list, playing 'Drama'. He got into his position, the upbeat sound playing through the speakers. He started dancing, his focus going to the mirror in front of him.

'You have to improve. For the group, and for Moa. Come on Kai..'

His feet follow the beat of the song, perfecting the moves.

Once the song had ended, another player right away. 'We Lost The Summer'.

Kai moved his feet quickly as the song started quick. He felt beads of sweat roll down his temples, his bangs matted down to his forehead at the intense dancing.

Hueningkai continued dancing, oblivious to the eyes watching him through the glass door.

After another song ended, Huenginkai walked over to his phone, pausing the music.

He grabbed a bottle of water, taking a seat on the cold practice room floor, taking sips of his water, his chest rising up and down, sweat rolling down his temples and forehead.

He leaned his head back on the wall, closing his eyes as he took in deep breaths.

On the mist of calming down his body, he heard the practice room door open. Hueningkai turned his attention to the mirror, spotting a blonde male walk in.

The blonde walked towards the younger, stopping in front of him, taking a seat in front of him.

"Hey Taehyunie.."

"For how long have you been dancing." Taehyun bluntly blurted out instead of asking, ignoring what the younger had said.

Hueningkai furrowed his eyebrows, "a few hours now. Why?"

"Practice was over hours ago." Taehyun said, emphasizing the word hours.

Hueningkai took a sip of his water. "I know. I just don't want to make any mistakes on stageㅡ"

He was cut off by Taehyun, "You never make any mistakes."

Hueningkai placed the, now empty, water bottle, next to him.

"I want to improveㅡ"

"You're perfect on what you're doing. The choreographer said you were the best out of all of us today."

Taehyun cut off Hueningkai again, playing with the strings of his hoodie.

Hueningkai didn't know how to reply, resulting in both males to stay in silence.

They both stared at one another, not breaking the silence.

"You're hiding something aren't you." No reply from Hueningkai. "What's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong.. I just want to practice more." Hueningkai mumbled out, getting up from his spot on the floor, making his way back to start the music.

Taehyun noticed this and quickly stood up, running towards Hueningkai, taking his phone out of his hands, preventing him from playing any music. He slipped the phone into the pocket of his hoodie.

"What's wrong?"

Hueningkai groaned. "Nothing is wrong, can i get my phone back?"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong, something is clearly bothering you but you won't tell me. I'm here to help, now, what's wrong."

Taehyun waited a while for the younger to answer, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Ugh! Okay! Fine! I'll tell you."

Taehyun nodded, waiting for an answer.

"I'm not good enough yet. I need more practice. May I have my phone back nowㅡ?"

He was interrupted by Taehyun scoffing. "You've got to be kidding! Hueningkaiㅡ" Taehyun sat down on the floor, pulling the younger to sit down too.

"ㅡYou are doing great. You never make any mistakes! What makes you think that you need to force yourself to practice more?" Taehyun started as soon as Hueningkai sat down on the floor. "If it's something that someone told you or you read it somewhere- ignore it. They're wrong. You're amazing!" Taehyun said, his eyes were now softly illuminated by the bright lights in the practice room, no longer being dark and angry.

Hueningkai nodded. "I just- for myself- i feel like I'm not good enough. That I need more practice."

Taehyun took the younger's hands into his own, "You're thinking negative thoughts. You're doing amazing- you're amazing! Don't doubt yourself.." Taehyun squeezed Hueningkai's hands lightly, assuring him to not worry.

"I just reallyㅡ" tears trickled at his eyes, "I just- want to improve for the group and Moa.." A tear slipped from his eye, rolling down his cheek and landing on the practice room floor.

"Huening.. You don't need to improve for anyone, you're perfect just the way you are.. the other hyungs and Moa appreciate you for who you are."

Taehyun let go of one of the younger's hands, wiping the tears that were rolling down the younger's cheeks.

Hueningkai sniffled, nodding.

"How about we go back to the dorm, you need a shower, and if you want, we can talk after you finish."

Hueningkai nodded, watching as Taehyun stood up, he followed after him, taking his belongings with him.

Taehyun waited for him at the door. Once Hueningkai finished picking up his things, he walked out of the practice room, allowing Taehyun to turn off the lights and close the door.

༄❦

Hueningkai walked out of the bathroom, his towel draping over his shoulders. "Taehyun?" He peeked his head into the room he and Taehyun shared.

"Yes?" Taehyun sat up from his lying position on his bed.

"Thank you." Hueningkai smiled at the older. Taehyun smiled back.

"Your welcome."

༄❦

2:10 am

I was gonna post this in the morning when i woke up, but decided to post it now :)

uwu_woo117 , thank you for the request, hope it was up to what you expected 💖

edited: 140421