Last day

Timothy

"Are you okay?" I asked, as soon as we were back in our dorm.

"Yeah. Just tired, is all." Sebastian replied quietly.

I highly doubted he was okay, but he refused to move his hand from the wound and let me see. I sort of had to take his word for it. 

Plus, he did look tired. 

He had dark bags under his eyes, though, he always had them, so it probably wasn't telling me much. 

"Okay, but at least let me take the glass out of your hair." I said, putting on a completely non-threatening tone, as to not scare Sebastian off. I knew he had only really become my friend a few weeks ago, and wasn't great with kind gestures anyway.

Seb gave me a look, then reached up into his dark hair to pull out the clear shards of glass. He sucked in air through his teeth as one of the larger pieces cut his hand.

"Here. Let me." I said again.

Sebastian tentatively lowered his hand, and placed it in his lap.

I reached up into his dark hair and pulled out the remaining shards of glass. There weren't many, and most of them were quite large, so I didn't have any trouble getting them out.

His curls were soft and bounced as my hand moved through them. I let my hand linger for a second, then pulled it out.

"There." I said, smiling.

Seb was still covering his face, but I thought I saw a small smile from around his hand.

"Thanks. I'm gunna go take a shower." Seb said plainly, then walked off, slightly off-kilter.

I waited about ten minutes for Sebastian to finish, flipping through the pages of Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles to pass the time.

I loved the book.

It didn't seem like a book that Seb would like, but I guess he was less of a 'bad-boy' than he let on.

"Where are you? In the book." I heard from behind me.

"Uh, chapter seven." I answered, looking up at Seb. 

His hair was wet, and he was in his pyjamas. 

"Let me read." Seb said, holding his arm out to take the book.

I handed it to him, watched his light eyes scan the page. They fell on the start of chapter seven, and Seb began to read aloud:

"The fresh beauty of the following morning did something to efface from our minds the grim and gray impression which had been left upon both of us by our first experience of Baskerville Hall. As Sir Henry and I sat at breakfast the sunlight flooded in through the high mullioned windows, throwing watery patches of colour from the coats of arms which covered them. The dark panelling glowed like bronze in the golden rays, and it was hard to realize that this was indeed the chamber which had struck such a gloom into our souls upon the evening before."

He read me all of chapter seven perfectly, not missing or mispronouncing a single word, as if he'd memorized the whole book. He probably had.

By the time Sebastian was finished reading, the hour was ten o' clock. We were both tired, but not enough so to fall asleep yet. 

We decided to watch a few episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation till around mid-night.

By the time the third episode was over, I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I yawned, and said, "Hey, maybe we should-' Yawn. "-go to sleep?" Yawn.

No answer.

"Seb?"

I turned back in Seb's direction, only to find him sound asleep, his eyes closed, his dark lashes hitting his cheekbones.

I'd never noticed how beautiful he was. -Not in a weird way! Just- whatever.-

I smiled.

I got up silently, grabbed a blanket from his room, and threw it over his shoulders.

I was also about to pass out from exhaustion, so I decided to head over to my room and call it a day.

The room was pitch black, so I moved slowly -bumping into my dresser once- over to my bed.

I was too lazy to get up and change, so I ended up sleeping in my clothes that night.

I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I don't remember what I dreamed about, just that Seb was there.

What a nice last day of school before the break.