1

The fake starts glittered shamelessly, the monsters of the AU starring at the god in front of them with fear in their eyes. A certain skeleton of the few, known as Candy, glaring the god down. The god in question only tilting his head, frowning at the feeling of fear and anger.

"I am not here to harm you all." He spoke, watching fear turn into confusion and anger turn into fury.

Candy growled, taking a step forward. "I'm not falling for your tricks!"

The god sighed, taking a step forward. "Candy I'm sorry to inform you... your AU is unstable and it's not the original Candytale."

"You think I don't know that? I know it's unstable! But I'd rather die to that than you."

The god paused and let his head tilt down, his eyes on the ground. "I understand why you feel the way you do," the being moved down, kneeling in front of the monsters. The tendrils on the god's back curled in. "I wish to help you, I can provide you a place to stay. A better place than the Underground."

Whispers and murmurs filled the air and Candy paused, "You can provide us a place to live?"

The god nodded, "My kingdom is welcoming."

Candy looked back to his current leaders who tilted their head down and nodded. The human stepped forward, signing to the god silently.

The being smiled, standing up to approach the child. "I will protect them, there is no reason to worry."

The god's tendrils moved behind him, seemingly stabbing into the fabric of reality before stretching it open. It was a portal.

The monsters and human looked to the god. Candy paused, seeing all the monsters on the other side. "He wasn't lying..."

The monsters of the AU only smiled, their human leading them through. Candy stayed behind for a moment, "I misjudged you Nightmare..."

The dark skeleton chuckled fondly, his hand raising to Candy's cheek. "I don't blame you," the smaller starred up at him with a frown, "after all the rumors my brother spreads..."

Candy let out a sigh, his face leaning towards Nightmare's hand slightly as he smiled just a tad. "Thank you."

The god grinned, pulling his hand away. "You're welcome, you should get going... we can talk more later."

Candy nodded, walking through the portal. He gave a wave to Nightmare before the portal snapped closed. Now that the final line of stable code was gone the AU began to collapse. Cracks riddled under the god's feet and he moved out of the way quickly.

The sound of a different portal opening alerted the god to his enemies arriving. "Nightmare! What have you done?!"

The god turned to face his brother, grimacing. "I have done nothing br..." Nightmare was cut off by an arrow flying past him. The god stepped back, growling slightly.

Ink spoke now, pulling his paintbrush off his back, "What did you do the the inhabitants of this AU?!"

Nightmare tilted his head down, a snarl making its way to his mouth. His tendrils lashed out, swiping at the artist. "You seem to be accusing me."

Ink blocked the tendrils with his brush, Dream knocking an arrow while Blue summoned an attack. Dream let the arrow go, the arrow hitting Nightmare in the shoulder.

The god let out a pain filled hiss, stepping back and allowing his tendrils to return to his side. Dream's eyes narrowed, "You're a tyrant Nightmare!"

"Please..." Nightmare chuckled loudly, a smirk edging to his mouth as his tendril yanked the arrow out of his shoulder. "I'm only doing what I have to."