Part Six

The next day, she had me move in with her. As per the contract, I would be living with her for a year; I was not permitted to have an outside job, nor was I permitted to see any other romantic/sexual partners.

She owned me, and she made sure I knew that.

"This is your room, Sofia's room is the one at the end of the hall there" Arizona said when showing me around the apartment a little bit. She pointed to the door at the end of the hallway, the one with a pink S boldly painted at the top. That one was her daughters room, on the scarce weekends she visited. "Try to steer clear of her when she's here; I'll give you fair warning, but I don't want her getting any ideas"

That was fair.

I was supposed to act as a roommate and have little to no contact with Sofia, which I was more than happy to oblige by. If Arizona's ex-wife knew about me, that would just be another notch against her in the ever-present custody battle.

Children, while a blessing, also proved to be extremely expensive. Especially when had with the wrong people.

"This room is huge" I answered, pulling my attention from the pink S on the door, and turning it towards my own bedroom, which was about the size of my entire apartment. The apartment that Arizona had paid a full years rent on so that I would have a place to go back to when our agreement ended.

She had more money than sense is what I thought when she told me.

"It's a modest sized room" she nodded, as I walked through the doorframe to really take a good look. She stood behind me, seemingly gauging my reaction as I looked in awe around the room. It reminded me of a hotel room suite; a large, open area with all the appropriate furniture and a massive soft rug that stretched the expanse of the floor.

Just as every other room had been lavishly furnished, this one was no exception; the dark hardwood floors were covered with an expensive looking beige rug, the four-poster bed was made of a solid wood and I could tell without asking that it wasn't sourced from IKEA. The bed matched the armoire, high-by dresser, and both nightstands; all made of a thick, dark wood that I knew couldn't have been cheap.

On top of each nightstand stood matching lamps with white shades; this room, so I'd noticed, was a very white and beige themed room. From the white flannel curtains, to the beige accent chair, to the white duvet and pillows that sat on the bed, everything was perfectly put together to look as if it came straight from a catalogue.

"It looks like it came straight out of a catalogue" I murmur, speaking my thoughts as I began walking around the bed, letting my fingers trail along the smooth wood of the bed post. Four posts stood tall, it was a monstrosity of a bed; easily a king sized no doubt.

"It's gorgeous, really" I say quietly, while my mind went back to my own apartment, a studio with a loud radiator and cracked wood floors. Her idea of modest was definitely not on par with my own.

"Funny you say that, I bought the room from a catalogue. They delivered everything and set it up, it was easier than designing something myself" she smiles, and my mind flashes back to her mouth on my own. Out of nowhere, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to touch her, to feel her underneath my fingertips again as if it had been years since I'd touched her when it had merely been a day.

"When you've unpacked and made yourself comfortable, we'll play a little bit" the gleam in her eye tells me that playing today will be a little bit different than what we'd done the night before. My stomach flipped, my fingers tingling as my breath hitched in my throat.

It's clear she was wanting to get down to business.

"Yes ma'am"

~