Chapter 23

I stared at her for a few seconds. The others stared at her too. It was completely silent as I tried to let the information sink into my brain. I didn't even know what that would mean.

"Uh...", Greg said slowly and scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Sorry, but what? Is that even possible?" I was full on confused by now and she shrugged.

"Absolutely not, but... apparently it is" Zayns fingers were so tangled up with mine, that I was sure we would stay like that forever, but I was glad for the support that he gave me.

"How... how do you even know that?", i then asked, wanting to know what gave her the idea that i was somehow... that different from like anybody else in the world.

"Well, I did the DNA-test as you know and noticed pretty quickly that there were two different components that were completely unfamiliar to me. So when I dug deeper, I found out that they are apart of the DNA-string. I showed it to one of the men working at the lab, only the two unfamiliar bases though, not the rest and he said he had never seen anything like that. I'm just glad that I did the test myself, because now nobody except us knows about this... Niall, nobody can ever find out about this, at least not until we know what it means... those two components... I don't think there had ever been a record of them, you might be the only person in the entire world who has this!" I gulped and tensed up, Zayn and Greg both scooting closer to me.

"So... doesn't this basically mean, I'm not a human being?", I then asked, feeling completely overwhelmed that I was actually asking this and she let out a little laugh.

"No Niall, you definitely are a human being, I can promise you that much, you're just... a special one" Neither of us seemed to know what to say for a few minutes, as the incredible news settled into all our brains slowly.

"And... what... I don't get it, I'm sorry", Zayn stuttered out. "What does that mean?"

"To be honest, I have no idea", Dr. Jones said. "It could mean anything, we have literally no idea how this affects your body" I anxiously bit my lip. It felt so weird to find out things like that about myself, because for anybody else it seemed to be a huge sensation, but to me, I felt like I didn't even know who I was. "Niall, the thing is that we have no clue what you might be capable of. It could be just the ability to have babies, but it could also mean things that we wouldn't even dream of"

I took in a deep breath, trying to wrap my head around the facts that i just heard.

"But... last year you said that male pregnancy is something that happened before, do you think those men were like me?"

"Maybe", she said and shrugged. "But if they were, we have no record of it. The thing is, right now we can't find out more about you, those tests that we could do, it's all something that we should wait with, you have two babies that you need to take care of. But do you understand how dangerous this situation is? Nobody can find out about this, nobody. Scientists would go crazy over you and they sure as hell wouldn't pay attention to the fact that you're pregnant. Niall, I'm suggesting that you try to stay out of public as much as possible, stay here unless you have your appointments. If people see you, they get suspicious, you know that already and if the news spread that there's a pregnant boy running around, it wouldn't be safe for you anymore. So stay put, stay with your family and friends and we'll try to find out as much about you as we can" Immediately I felt like I was being trapped, although I spent most of my time here anyways and usually didn't feel the need to be somewhere else, but now that I really shouldn't go anywhere, I felt the urge to take the car and drive away. Which was ridiculous and I knew that I had to protect my babies, but I still felt like I was being held captive in my own body. I ran a hand over my face tiredly, my other hand rubbing my belly in a soothing way.