Chapter 19

I felt miserable. That might even be an understatement, I felt so awful, so terrible, so pathetic and bad that it seemed to be eating me up. Weeks had passed since we met with Charles Wilson and in those weeks there was barely another thought in my head than the thought of me being guilty of my parents death. It didn't matter whether they were my biological family or not, they were my parents and without me they'd still be here.

Greg was completely freaking out at the thought of me possibly being in danger and Zayn and him never left me alone for even just a few minutes. I knew they were just looking out for me and wanted me to be safe but their constant babysitting made me feel suffocated and I couldn't be alone with my thoughts to actually deal with what we had found out. I needed to let it all sink in and wrap my head around the fact that my parents were murdered by somebody who was after me but got killed in the process... it was just so insane that people were after me, I mean... why? I felt like I had just found out that I was the main character in a very bad movie, but this was my life! And with my brother and boyfriend being right by my side all day long I never had the chance to really deal with all that.

The end of February was nearing and by now I was full on annoyed by Greg and Zayn and with their overprotectiveness came an agressive behaviour I didn't know from myself. I snapped at people with no reason at all and felt sorry immediately after but I couldn't help it, it was just so nervewracking to never be by myself, Zayn had even wanted to follow me to the bathroom and I yelled at him for about five minutes before breaking into tears, feeling sorry for being angry .

On top of that they were refusing to talk to me about what we had found out, Greg just said I should not think about it and instead focus on being safe. The thing was I didn't feel at danger. Not at all. Maybe I did for the first two weeks or so, but nothing happened and it had been two months now and Wilson had died right after we met him. He didn't have the chance to tell anybody about me. Right? Yeah, he didn't, he couldn't have. Besides, we didn't even know if anybody else had been involved in this, his two companions had died in the car crash, so most likely he didn't even have soneone to tell about me... or where I was... or whatever it was they were after. 

Today, I had to go to the hospital to see Dr. Jones for a checkup and of course Greg and Zayn had insisted on coming along, with Greg saying he had errands to run in town. Which lead to me sitting in the backseat of Gregs pickup, feeling totally annoyed at the fact that my brother and boyfriend were actually babysitting me. The two had a random conversation going while I just quietly stared out of the window, trying to really express how upset I was with them. I knew they had caught on to it, they just ignored me, which made me feel beyond mad.

When Greg parked in the lot of the hospital, I got out and slammed my door shut, knowing fully well that I was acting like an upset seven year old now.

"Uh... what are you doing?", i asked, when Greg got out of the car too. "I thought you had something to do while I have my appointment?" Greg nervously scratched the inside of his wrist, a habit that I had too and made it clear, that he was trying to find a way out of this.

"Yeah, sure, I do, but we can do that after, I'll just join you guys for now" I just rolled my eyes and huffed before turning around and walking towards the entrance, Zayns hand on my back. Maybe they were only trying to help but it was just too much.

We didn't have to wait long until I was called in and the two of them got up too. I looked at them, silently asking if they were serious but I knew I had no chance against them, so they just followed me into the examination room where Dr. Jones was already waiting.

"Hi Niall, Zayn... oh and your brother too, hello", she said, her voice sounding surprised, as she gave me and Zayn a short hug, shaking Gregs hand and I rolled my eyes because she as well thought that it was weird that two people were accompanying me to my doctors appointment. She handed me the weird paper gown thing and gestured for me to just go behind the wall to get changed and Zayn immediately stood right next to me.