Running from you

Running. That's what I do best. I run, run from everything. Anything that I can't handle. My parents don't abuse me but I can't stand them. I am a constant disappointment in their eyes. They yell and scream at each other but eventually they take it out on me. Everything is always my fault. Didn't get an A could have done better get an A was there extra credit? Worthless, stupid, a b*tch over all a mistake or disappointment. I have come to find that, that is what I am. I constantly question whether I am a worthless piece of crap or something good who know one sees. Either way I have absolutely no self esteem and extremely stubborn. Whenever I have set in my mind stays that way. I have decided I am going to run away. They wouldn't care anyways. Or before something goes wrong like abuse. I have enough money saved up I work at a little cafe. No one will know I am gone because I have no friends or anyone that cares that much. All though there is my stalker but when I go I hope to lose him too. The stalker is one of my teacher. At first I thought he was nice but then it turned creepy. I told him no and that it was wrong. One day he gave me a detention and if I didn't go my parents would be contacted. I went and he tied me and raped me. It was singly the worst day in my life. I had to see him everyday even though I was not in his class this year. He always stops by one of my classes and sometimes he follows me home in his car. Those are the bad days where I have to run home so it won't happen again. Most days after getting home I sneak out my window and walk into the woods behind our house. It is beautiful there. The trees reaching to the sky, the gurgling stream, and the best of all the natural sounds. Animals walking, birds chirping and the wind blowing. I sit in my big oak tree, it has a thick branch high up. That's where I reside in my free time just watching, listening, and relaxing. In the winter the forest is covered in white. The wind nips my nose and cheeks but my tree is always there. I can see the tree line in the distance and watch the sunset. It's almost time to head back my parents if you can call them that will be home soon. What do you call the people who raised you but you don't love them. They don't love you either so I guess where kinda like organisms. What's it called when the friendship is harmful l to both sides?? Oh well it doesn't matter. I packed the most important things in my backpack. A couple changes of clothes, my ipod and the money I saved. You see when I wasn't allowed to go outside of get out I had my ipod. It is literally my savior when I can't run I just listen. Some songs just completely explain me. Others I just like. I have everything packed and was ready to leave but couldn't. My parents weren't asleep so I had to wait till they were. It was usual they yelled at each other then came up and yelled at me. I plugged in my headphones and listened to Numb by Linkin Park. After awhile I heard them go to bed and there quiet snores. I jumped out of bed and put pillows in my place. I climbed out my window with my stuff. I had my bedroom on the first floor but I always kept the window locked. He could wait outside my window and come in if it wasn't. I was going to start walking down the road when I spotted a parked car. No one parks on the street you would get fined. Everyone new. Then I realized the car it was his, Steve's car (stalker). His last name was Carls but instead everyone called him Steve. He opened the door and got out. "I knew it was a matter of time before you would run away." He started walking toward me. I looked around hoping someone else was near. "No one is here to help you so don't even think about screaming. I wouldn't want have to hurt you." I was scared no way around it and he was closing in. I whipped around took off sprinting through my backyard into the forest. I could hear his footsteps behind me. I knew I could out run him. I loved running but not at this particular moment. Tree branches scratched my legs, arms and face. I didn't stop running nothing could hold me back. Soon I slowed to a jog and listened for his footsteps. I couldn't hear them but I kept walking. Hours later I started to see the sun coming up. I knew I should find someplace to hide soon. Then I found it there was a small little river about ten feet deep in the center. The area looked so pure like no one had ever been here before me. I refill my water bottles and looked for the safety and of a nice big tree. There I found nice big tree just as big as my old if not bigger. But the nearest branch was like twenty feet up.  It was circled by other smaller trees but just as stable. I climbed up the one with the closest branch to my new tree. I carefully walked on to the branch. I took a deep breath and jumped my fingers caught on to the branch. I breathed a sigh of relief and pulled myself up. I climbed up till I felt was perfectly covered and it was stable. The huge tree split into two enormous branches and in the middle was a smooth flat surface. It was just big enough for me and my stuff. I could see the river and the bottom of the tree. Also I spotted a town a mile or so away and could see the sun rise and set. I didn't know how far I had gotten but at least it was away from there. I shuddered just thinking about Steve following me. I thought about enrolling in school but decided someone would only find me quicker if someone looked for me. I would only go into to town for supplies and maybe to get a job. I would do that tomorrow. I looked around making sure no one was there and climbed down jumping onto the branch then to the ground. I threw some extra clothes in the bushes and went to the river. I stripped down and got in. I washed my hair and body feeling cleaner than before. It was actually larger than it looked. I swam around and then just floated. My life had never been so perfect in my life. I wish I could have stayed there forever. I got out and dried off putting on the extra clothes. I washed off the ones with the blood on them from running away. My legs and arms hurt a little but it was no big deal. I watched the sun go down and the moon come up. I lay back looking at all the stars I love summer. I fell asleep watching for a shooting star.

Vote comment fan! J