Chapter One

The sun was shining through the few clouds in the sky as the bitter November wind whisked through the air. The seagulls squawked as they flew across the still sea, cold, crisp sea as the waves crashed against the golden sands. Sitting close the beach was a blue wooden beach house with a white balcony on the first floor, the house had three stories, the basement which was on level with the beach, the ground floor and the first floor. In the small beach house was a spacey living room/dining room and large kitchen white kitchen which connected to the living room/dining room via an archway and a breakfast bar. Standing on the balcony on the first floor, leaning her arms on the banister as she gazed out at the sea was Elena Oswald, a beautiful young woman in her mid twenties, she had long brown hair with blonde highlights as the cool November wind blew it behind her, the warm winter sun rays shone on her olive complexion with her specks of gold shimmering in her brown eyes as they gazed out at the cold sea. She wore a white pair of jeans with a grey t-shirt covered with a light denim jacket finished off with a pair of brown ankle boots.

         Stepping out of the white wooden doors was a tall young man in his late twenties wearing a grey t-shirt covered with a black jacket and a grey and black plaid scarf wrapped around his neck, he wore a pair of dark denim jeans finished off with a pair of black scuffed leather shoes. In his hands he held two cups of steaming hot coffee, as he stepped onto the white floorboards it made an old creaking noise which caught the attention of Elena, she smiled and peered over her shoulder at him. “You seriously need to fix that,” she grinned, “If you want to surprise me, that is.” 

“True,” he nodded, “But if I do fix it then how am I to know if a burglar is breakin’ into the house?” He smirked cockily and raised his eyebrows up at the same time. 

“Yeah,” she nodded with her eyebrows knitted together, “If that burglar was about 20 foot tall or just seems to carry a pair of a ladders around on his back.” 

“He could be a window cleaner,” he nodded cockily, “Did you think about that?” 

“True,” she agreed, “But the only window cleaner there is in this town is Doug, and I’m pretty sure that Doug’s other job at night is burglar.” 

“Hey,” he shrugged his shoulders, “I’m just thinkin’ about you, sweetie,” he stepped towards her with a flirtatious smile on his face, “I wouldn’t want you getting scared, now would I?” 

“No,” she replied, “But I would just have you here to protect me,” she turned her entire body around and grabbed hold of his black jacket gazing up at him adoringly, “And that’s all that I could ask for.” She leaned up to him and kissed him softly on the lips. 

“You seriously know how to make me feel good about myself,” he smiled down at her, “Don’tcha?” 

“Well,” she beamed, “I am your fiancé after all, if I didn’t know how to make you feel good about yourself then I wouldn’t be with you, now would I?” 

“True,” he nodded with agreement, “Here,” he handed her the pink cup of coffee with white polka-dots on it. “I thought that you’d want one seein’ as you’re out here in the cold. Hey, here’s a question, what are you doin’ out here in the cold?” 

“I love the view,” she answered.

“You can admire the view from inside there,” he told her as he pointed towards the bedroom behind him.

 “But you know how much I love the weather here,” she told him, “And yeah, I know that it’s completely different from your Californian weather where it’s constantly warm all of the time, but I just love the cold air, the way that it touches my skin. I love the winter a whole lot better than the summer.”