♛ 𝟏𝟎. 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. ¹

She shifted slightly in her sleep then, wondering why was it a little tad bit too warm. How she slowly opened her pale purple eyes and looked around, only to notice the sound of steady breathing coming from a particular swordsmith of hers.

Her eyes widened slightly, wondering why he was there. Until she remembered how she was off duty for the week, given how she was recovering from the fatigue she suffered along with falling ill as well.

Her mind started to drift off to slumber once again, only for the door to the room she slept in sliding opened carefully. Kimiko poked her head in and took a look, where she had on a slight blush on her face then when she realized Hotaru had stayed for the night.

[name] sat up, stretching her arms over her head as she tried to loosen her tensed muscles and she turned to look at Kimiko who carefully and quietly made her way into the room. How she had brought breakfast for [name], and soon sets it down.

"I'll go and make another set," she softly whispered out, and [name] nodded her head in response, watching as the young girl quickly scurried away and out of the room before Hotaru could wake up.

[name] then turned to look at him, noticing how he was sleeping peacefully. Her hands reached out to touch his and she gently caressed the back of it. Smiling as she admired the heroic scars he had on his hands.

A sign that he had put in a heap load of effort and time in crafting those nichirin blades that they needed. Her eyes travelled to his face where it didn't have a frown, how perfectly relaxed he was then, and she couldn't help but admire the view.

She laughed softly as she could hear Hotaru's heart beating at a steady rhythm, a clear sign he was at peace and was not being overwhelmed by work as well. She gently reached out to his cheek as she laid back down, forgetting about the breakfast that Kimiko had prepared.

His arms stretched out as it wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer for a tight hug then. How he was being awfully gentle when it comes to her, yet, no words were spoken as his lips found its way to her forehead.

Resting his head on the top of hers, did Hotaru finally let out a sigh then, savouring the warmth that was radiating off from [name]'s body. How he felt relaxed, not even bothering with the fact that he wasn't back at the Swordsmith Village where he should be working to the bones.

"Are you skipping work again?" she asked in a soft voice, whereas Hotaru hummed in response, showing no sign of getting up at all. [name] laughed then as she nuzzled her face against his chest and wrapped her arms around him, sighing in content as well.