30)Letters

-Anwen's POV-

     I sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast with Remus. We were both reading a muggle book that was very interesting so far.

     "And I knew, in that moment, that I was in love with that woman." Remus read. "I had only seen her once, yet my heart yearned for her touch, her presence."

     I leaned my head on his shoulder, continuing to listen to his voice bringing out the words on the page. "The feeling was unavoidable; I thought of her every moment I was awake. And even in sleep did I dream of her-"

     Loud noises sounded in our ears. I looked up, seeing owls dropping the post. I watched as two letters dropped in my lap, one blue, the other white.

    "Who are they from?" Remus slipped a piece of parchment into the book as he closed it.

     "One's from Oliana." I opened the blue one neatly, taking out the letter inside.

Dear Annie,

That's wonderful! You two seem very close and a promise ring seems perfect! From what I understand, you two could possibly be married after Hogwarts?
If so, invite me! I don't really want to be inviting myself, but I do want to see all of you again, though our acquaintance was very brief. I am very happy for you and continue to write. I love to receive letters from you, though you are in Scotland and I am in America.

With love, Oliana

     "You still write?" Remus asked, smiling.

    "Yes. Isn't she nice?" I answered.

     He nodded. "Do you know what might be in the other letter?"

     I shrugged. "I don't know. But let's find out." I picked open the envelope, unfolding the parchment that was inside.

     I felt a punch in the gut as I recognised the handwriting of the letter. Is it really You-Know-Who writing back?

     He had already responded to my letter; not with another letter, but an immediate act to blow up the King Mansion, luckily while my parents weren't inside it.

     I decided to read the letter anyway.

Miss King,

When we met about a year ago, I had decided that you were a resourceful woman with a dedication and intelligence. As we continue to survey your marks and your exam results, many of us in the Ministry would love to have you work with us.
Though it's usually the newly graduated young adult that looks for a job in the Ministry, it's us looking for the perfect person to strengthen the Ministry. You are the perfect candidate, especially for one of the two positions:
Auror
Wizengamot
We would prefer a response from you before the end of your seventh year.

Minister for Magic, Harold Minchum and the rest of the Ministry of Magic.

     "Woah." I took deep breaths, trying to stop myself from blowing up with excitement.

     "Woah is right." Remus spoke up. "Are you going to take one of the positions?"

     "I obviously would. Now, I don't know which one," I continued. "But I am accepting one of the positions, that's for sure."

      "Why don't we go tell our mates?" Remus suggested.

     I nodded. "Yeah, they'd probably like to know."

     We left the Great Hall, heading towards the Common Room. Many of them would just barely be getting up, since some of them sleep a little late on Saturdays and Sundays.

     We walked in the Common Room, spotting Lily, Peter, and James. "Annie's got something to tell you all. But I'm going to first get Sirius and she'll get Bella."

     Our friends raised their eyebrows, about to ask probably a million questions but I ran to the girls' dormitories before they could.

      Bella laid in her bed, sleeping peacefully. I knew this peace would not last after waking her up, but I shook her to consciousness anyway. She stirred, opening her eyes slightly to squint because of the light. "What?" She snapped.

     "I've got something exciting to tell you." I smiled brightly, hoping to infect her with joy. "Come down to the Common Room."

     She groaned, obviously being immune to being happy at this current moment. "Fine. But I'm not changing out of my nightclothes."

     "Okay. You can go back to sleep after I tell you." I replied, exiting the dormitories. On my way out, I heard her mutter. "You better be quick then."

     I skipped down to where my friends were. Mary was there, probably just curious about what we were doing. Sirius and Remus were among them too, clearly being much quicker than Bella. "She's coming. Slowly, but she's still coming."

     At that moment, she was seen heading down the stairs, sluggishly stomping down them. "You excited for next week, Bushynut?" Sirius called and Bella tripped down the last of the stairs.

     "What's next w-" Peter got interrupted by Bella.

     "Mention it again and you'll find yourself dead long before we go out on that stupid date." Bella scowled, plopping herself down next to me on the floor, though the rest of us were standing.

     "You two are going out?" I laughed and Bella smacked my foot.

     "Yes, I have to go out with that nitwitted, stupid, dumb slug." She grumbled.

     "C'mon Bushynut, we'll have a great time." Sirius winked.

     "I'll have a great time if I get to beat you up." Bella retorted.

     "Okay, moving on." Remus gave the both of them dirty looks before gesturing to me.

     I cleared my throat and pulled out the letter. "Miss King,when we met about a year ago, I had decided that you were a resourceful woman with a dedication and intelligence. As we continue to survey your marks and your exam results, many of us in the Ministry would love to have you work with us.

     "Though it's usually the newly graduated young adult that looks for a job in the Ministry, it's us looking for the perfect person to strengthen the Ministry. You are the perfect candidate, especially for one of the two positions: Auror-"

     Most of them gasped. "So they just asked you to be an Auror?" James replied, hazel eyes wide.

     "That's cool!" Peter responded.

     "Yeah, it is." I said before continuing on. "Wizengamot. We would prefer a response from you before the end of your seventh year.
Signed Minister for Magic, Harold Minchum and the rest of the Ministry of Magic."

     "So which one are you going to choose?" Mary asked.

     "I don't know," I answered. "I've got to think about it."

     "You should choose Auror." Sirius spoke up. "You'd get to go on adventures. And capture criminals."

     "Maybe not." I replied.

     James's jaw dropped. "Why not?"

     "You know, there might be a day when I'd have to capture and fight my brother. I don't want to do that." I explained.

     "Well, if you were on the Wizengamot, you would have to sentence him to Azkaban." Lily had a point.

      "Yeah, both of them would suck." Bella spoke up.

     "No, only when I have to do that." I added. "If I have to do that."

      "Well, it is ultimately your choice." Remus reminded me.

     "I have a month. And a half," I calculated. "To research and think about it."

     "Great job Annie." Bella said.

     "Thanks." I beamed at my twin sister.

     "Can I go back to sleep now?"