five and a half

"REGGIE?" Emmy says when she opens her front door to none other than her best friend. He looked like he always did. Leather jacket. A plaid accent to his outfit somewhere. Dark hair tousled on the top of his head. The only thing different about him were his tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes. "What happened? Are you okay?"

    "I-I-" he stutters out, half heartedly. He chokes on his own words, another sob raking through his chest like a tornado ripping through a flat town. Emmy shakes her head, gently leading him into her house, promising him that he didn't have to talk about it.

    They settle in her kitchen. She pours him a glass of cold water as he sits on one of her breakfast bar stools. He slumps forward, elbows resting on the kitchen island, face in his hands as he cries more and more.

    Emmy slides the glass towards him, walking around the kitchen set up to stand beside him and rub his back soothingly. "It's okay," she whispers gently. "Cry it all out. Don't bottle it up."

    Reggie cries harder at this. So, they stood like that, Emmy tracing patterns into the back of his jacket and the brunette shaking with wails he didn't know could hurt that much.

    "I know you have your own problems. I know your mom's always working and your dad's never around, but you don't understand how lucky you are to just not exist to them." Reggie clutches his hair so tightly in his hands that Emmy feared he would rip it all out. "I can't do anything right," he mutters to himself. "No matter what I do, they're not proud of me. I just want them to be proud of me. I want them to love me."

    Emmy wanted to reassure him, tell Reggie that his parents did, but then they would both know she's lying. Instead, she wraps herself around him from behind, tucking her face into his shoulder. Instantly, Reggie's hand finds her arm wrapped around his neck and squeezes her forearm tightly, as if she'd slip away within another moment.

    "It's okay," he says. "You don't have to. I know you hate this."

    Emmy shakes her head, burrowing herself deeper into his back. "Just a little longer, please."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

onlyphans:
yes hello so these two chapters are meant to go more in depth of emmy's relationships w alex and reggie so i hope u enjoyed getting a look on how their dynamics work hehehehehehe
six and a half will show their dynamics with all four of them (no bobby cuz he's a murderer)