Liam's Breaking Point

TW: self-harm, suicidal thoughts

No one knew it had gotten so bad. No one knew why it got so bad. He didn't know why it got so bad.

Theo sat beside the hospital bed gripping the beta's hand, tears in his eyes.

Nolan and Alec were leaning against the wall, gripping each other's hands. Corey and Mason were sitting on the other side of the bed, tears glistening in their eyes. The chimera watched as Liam's heart monitor went up and down; he was alive. Liam was alive. He was okay. He wasn't okay. Theo knew that, but at least he was alive.

"Liam?" Theo looked at him as he was staring into the cup of coffee.

"Huh," Liam looked up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm great," Liam shrugged.

"Bacon?" Theo held up a strip to him.

"I'm fine, not hungry," Liam answered.

Theo sighed; he hasn't eaten in the past week. The chimera was getting worried; he kept saying he was fine, but everyone was on edge. Mason had tried talking to him, but his best friend brushed him off. Corey attempted as well but easily backed down when Liam showed backlash. Nolan tried, but as soon as Liam stood him up he fell back into his meekness. Alec tried talking his ear off to get him to talk which resulted in Liam's claws entering his notebook.

"Liam, don't make me take you to Melissa."

Liam laughed and didn't say a word.

It made the chimera uneasy; Liam hadn't muttered a word of I love you, barely smiled, or did anything the past two weeks. It started a month ago. Theo couldn't lie it was Liam's fault the werewolf died. It was one mistake that led to a lot of other mistakes.

"Liam, there's a girl here to see you," Jenna called from downstairs.

Liam groaned throwing Theo's arm off of him.

"Who do you think it could be? Liam asked the chimera still half asleep.

"Maybe it's Hayden," he mumbled, "she's probably trying to take you back."

"Well, it's not going to happen," Liam kissed him throwing on a hoodie and sweatpants.

He walked downstairs to a girl he didn't know sitting on the couch; he instantly noticed she was a werewolf. Theo came down a few minutes later.

"Hi, I'm Jess, uh I heard you might be able to help me."

"How do you know who I am?"

"You're the beta of the true alpha; we've all heard about you and your little pack. I need help; Monroe killed my pack."

"Okay, what do you need help with?" Liam asked.

"Uh, hunters followed me into the preserve they seem to be hiding out in an old cabin looking for me."

"You led hunters here?" Liam snarled through gritted teeth.

"I just needed help," she shrugged.

"Oh my gosh, you are an idiot," Theo agreed.

"Let's go hunt some hunters then," Liam shrugged.

"Liam, we can't," Theo stared at him.

"We are, call Mason and Corey."

"No, Liam she could be lying; we don't know this girl. We aren't just going into this sporadically," Theo snapped back.

"Fine, don't come with me then," Liam stated, "come on." He grabbed the girl's hand.