10. The Plan

Hornet was impatient and angry. She had come up with a plan last night, thanks to the maps that Ghost had drawn, to sneak the Hollow Knight out of prison. She didn't, however, have a place to go after they broke them out. Would they go back to the apartment and just sit there? That didn't feel safe. Someone could easily find them. This truly stumped her.

And that wasn't the only problem. Ghost still didn't have their memories back, and Hornet had no idea how they could fuse with the kingsoul again. They had to, otherwise she didn't know how they would banish the Radiance again. They had gone down into the parking garage to duel for a bit-- and Hornet was impressed with Ghost's improvement. They had definitely improved within the last two days, and Hornet figured they were holding back, just to keep themselves from hurting her. She said she didn't want them to hold back, but they were getting really good. It started to make Hornet think that she needed practice-- which he probably did, but her priorities lied with Ghost.

She had planned to set off a distraction at the far end of the station, away from the cells. She figured it would be something important, but not too important that they thought something was going on. It needed to be subtle, believable, and it needed to draw people towards it. Then she thought, the next day, about another idea-- this time to put something on the prisoner's side that drew people away from it. Of course, that might cause people to move the prisoners out of their cells, and Hornet didn't want that.

While she worked on the plan, Ghost sat next to her, doing some activities to improve their instinct. She started easy-- they had found a Bop It toy in Hornet's closet-- she had never bought it, it had just been in there ever since she moved in. Ghost was relatively slow with it at first, but soon they were able to push it, pull it, and bop it simply from hearing the first letter of each command. It was impressive, but Hornet wanted to test it further. When she first took a break from planning, she led them through a practice where she would test their ability to predict her movement. It took them a moment, but soon patterns began to emerge in their mind, and they could easily react to her movement. She got faster and faster, but they kept up. It was a while before they stopped, and Hornet told them to go back to trying to remember things from their past. She mostly just wanted them to remember how they fused with the Kingsoul so they could do it again.

Her biggest worry was that her distraction wouldn't work. She didn't quite know what she was going to do for it, but she knew that it had to bring the majority of people away from the Hollow Knight, without also moving the Hollow Knight in the process.

She only had one idea at the moment. One of the labs was on the bottom floor-- if she managed to set it on fire, or make some noxious gas in there, it would definitely get people riled up. She predicted that in that situation, though, everyone would evacuate, and professionals would be called in to take care of the problem. The problem with that plan was that the prisoners might be evacuated too, and they'd probably be under heavy security. If they weren't evacuated, it would be a little better, but with everyone outside, there wouldn't be an easy way to sneak Hollow out of the station with everyone watching.

She groaned and sat back on the chair. The TV was on in front of her. She had moved it to the living room so she could listen to it while she worked out a plan. She kept it at a reasonable volume, just high enough to pick up if something important was being discussed, and just low enough so that she could focus on the task at hand. So far, nothing interesting had happened, and nothing was released about the Hollow Knight's case. This was slightly disappointing, but Hornet wasn't deterred. Hollow would be able to catch her up on what had happened once they broke them out of prison.

Hornet was just searching up chemicals she could use inside the lab to make a distraction, when her phone rang. Very few people had her number-- She didn't like getting calls. She was almost sure that this was her boss, asking her where she had gone for the last few days. She got up off the couch and walked over toward the phone, picking it up.