Chapter 2

~Zachary's POV~

I look through the resumes of people who want to be my next secretary. I will admit many look well for the job, but only a few have caught my eye. There is one person that caught my eye though, her name is Crystal Pinewood. She seems to not have much experience, but she seems very sure of herself and interesting. I asked the day before of one of my body guards to look her up. With me being one of the most powerful businesses in the world, I am able to access all information of people, otherwise I wouldn't have a business. You see I work with designing clothing along with importing and exporting goods. I took over from my father because I had a lot of love towards fashion and exotic places, it does not make me gay, I just enjoy making people feel better about themselves. I won't talk in a high voice or wear bright clothes like the stereotypical homosexual. Trust me, when I found out my best friend was gay, I was surprised. I wasn't against it, but he gave no signs that he was gay. I guess not everything you here is true.

A knock at my door interrupted my thoughts. "Come in," I tell whoever is waiting on the other side.

I see my one of my body guards, Robert, enter through the door. He says, "I have the information you asked for Mr. Wethmore."

He hands me the vanilla envelope. I told him to not look up anything private, but the basic information that anyone could get. I have the ability to get the private information, but I would rather learn that myself. I replied by saying thank you and he could leave. 

I stare at the envelope for a while until I got the balls to open it. It had a picture of her on the inside and she is so beautiful. She had blonde hair that shines in the sunlight and dark blue-green eyes. She looked to be outside on her previous college campus. She had a tight light blue tank top, which made her eyes more blue than blue-green. Her knees were bent up in black jeans, that she hugged to herself, sitting and leaning back into a tree, smiling and pointing her head towards the sky, which made her eyes sparkle. The information inside contained her basic life. It told me where and when she was born. It also told me she is an A-B average and graduated high school, but dropped out of college recently. I wonder why? It didn't tell me any new information about where she is living right now, which worries me. Is she out on the streets? Did she move back home? Is she dead?

This is preposterous! She sent her resume, which meant that she is still alive and has access to a computer. I don't know why this girl is capturing my attention, but it's a feeling I have never felt before. 

I never went out with anyone before, except in high school when I wasn't that famous. I thought it was love, but every single fucking time they would cheat on me. Those bitches missed out on me and they won't get another chance. Ever since I went into the business people have been throwing themselves at me, but I can't. I can't go through another one-sided relationship. The press made it seem that I am the ladies man, but in reality they are my friends, mostly lesbians none the less. I don't care about my friends preferences, but I do care how they act. Trust, me I have plenty of homo-/heterosexual friends, although the most interesting are the homosexuals with being outspoken and funny. So, back to the point, every time I go out with one of my friends, the press makes it look like we are on a romantic date, when in reality, we were having fun. For some reason, I want to take my no dating rule and burn it to fire, but only for her, Crystal.

I quickly sent her a letter about her being part of the finals for becoming my new secretary. I told her she was the top ten, when in reality, she is going to be the only one. Even if she seems unqualified, I need her in my life. It is such a weird pull that I never felt before. I don't know her yet and I feel whipped.

I can't wait to see her in person. I plan on squeezing detail after detail about her. I sigh in bliss as I stare at her beautiful picture. Crystal Pinewood you are in for one interesting man.

***************************************************************************************************************

All day I have been anxious all day and had been a little snippy with my staff. I ordered gift baskets for all those I have been snippy with,  stating I was in a bad mood and shouldn't have taken it out on them. 

As the seconds tick by it is finally time to see Crystal. I wonder what she will be like. If she will be someone caring or a heartless bitch,  hope it is the first choice otherwise I am a fucking idiot. 

The phone rang, making my thoughts disappear for a moment. I answered, "Yes," after I picked up the phone.

"There is a Ms. Pinewood here saying she has an appointment with you. Is that right or shall I send her away?" I hear Penelope, the front desk assistant, speak into the phone. 

"Yes, send her up immediately." We both hang up and my heartbeat races at the thought of finally meeting her. Geez, I am sounding like a wimpy teenager. I am a 6'3'' man who is well built and am pretty big, if you know what I mean. 

I heard the ding outside of my office, which meant that Crystal was here. My floor was set up so that the secretary office, more like her desk and chair, was outside of my office. I waited impatiently, until I heard the door open. I looked up to see Crystal walk into the room with a dark green dress on that has white twirls as the design. She has on black flats and her hair is naturally curly instead of straight like in the picture. Trust me, when you are in fashion, you know when you straighten, curl, natural hair, or just whatever you want to do with your hair that day. Today, her eyes looked more green than blue-green. She looks so beautiful. 

She looks nervous and sits down, but still has her attention set on everything in my office, except me. I just stare at her, until she says, "Thank you for allowing me to meet with you about the opening job."

I smile and said, "It is my pleasure. You seem to have an interesting resume. Tell me, why were you were helping out at the school that you could pick up on it so quickly."

She thought for a minute before saying, "I always had free time on my hands, so I decided to help out at the office. It was complicated at first, but I can usually grasp new things easily." I nodded my head and wondered at why she had so much free time. Didn't she have friends to hang out with? I rather not discuss that right now because that seemed to inappropriate for a job meeting. 

"Next question, I saw that you dropped out of college. Why is that? You had very good grades and was on track for graduation. You aren't pregnant are you?"

Her cheeks tinted as she said, "No, I'm not pregnant. I would rather not discuss why I couldn't continue with college. Next question please." 

"Very well, with so little experience in an actual job, why do you think you would be able to capture such a job like this?"

"Like I said before, I can catch up with anything fairly quickly. I can assure you that if you hire me that I will not disappoint in what you want me to do."

I smirk and moved on with, "Do you know anything about Wethmore Industries?"

She gives me a smile of her own and says, "At first no, but I learned you deal with fashion, importing and exporting goods. You have to travel for your job most of the time and seem to do very well."

My eyes widen a little at how honest she was. I finally ask my last question, "Are you single?"

Her eyes also widen and says, "Why would you need to know that? Isn't it a little personal?"

I laughed and said, "I need to know if any relationship will be taking up our time. Being my secretary means that you will have to be with me on late nights to discuss many things, about the business." Sadly, I wish to speak about her life nonstop and to look at her for hours.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend, husband or stalker." 

"Welcome to the business. You seem to be a perfect fit for the job. Congratulations." I stick my hand across the desk to shake her hand. I really wanted to give her a hug, but that would be extremely inappropriate right now.

She shakes my hand with a huge smile and thanks me. I say, "First order of business, I need your address."

~Crystal's POV~

Shit.