Chapter 14

It has been at least 3 weeks and most of my memories have returned. I will admit that it was really difficult trying to figure out how everything was before I lost my memory. Zachary was so sad every time I couldn't remember something. Work is interesting because people still expect me to remember everything and they give me these looks every time I couldn't tell them something which I should obviously know. Some even trued to convince me of things, but I always checked with Zachary, then he would fire them the next day. I tried to convince him not to otherwise, but he was so mind set that it was almost dangerous to try to talk him out of it.  It took some time, but I could remember almost everything. I still feel like I am forgetting something. Although that that memory still feels like it is missing, the relationship with me and Zachary is amazing. We have gone on a couple of dates, but they were very simple. They were either a movie and dinner, or just staying home and enjoying each others company. The first date was really sweet when he surprised me with a midnight picnic on top of a glorious hill. A few tears actually leaked out because of the trouble he seemed to go through, but he told me it was no problem. He is so sweet that I sometimes think it could kill me. I tried to repay him so many times, but I kept screwing up.

The other day I decided to make him breakfast in bed, but it got messed up. I made him orange juice, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes, I basically went all out. It was tough getting out of the bed with Zachary's lock hold embrace across my body. I had to slither out and replace myself with a pillow. I grabbed the tray with the food and headed towards our room. The plates were pretty hot, so I hurried a little to get them out of my hands. I balanced the tray on my knee with one hand while I opened up the door with the other. I silently closed the door and walked towards my boyfriend. I balanced the tray between one of my arms and I shook Zachary while saying, "Zachary, wake up, I have a surprise for you." He grabbed my hand and tugged me onto the bed. The tray was still in my arm, so when he pulled me back into bed, all the food I made went straight on top of me. The bacon landed on my face, the orange juice spilled on Zachary, the eggs fell onto my arm while the toast went to the other, and the pancakes hit my stomach, the shirt slid up when I fell on the bed. The plates smacked me all over my body, allowing pain to roam all over. Zachary immediately sobered up from his sleep, noticing the crashes and breaking of plates. The food burned my body and red spots began to grow. He looked at my skin and picked me up bridal style, running out of the room. Don't forget the fact that I was in tiny green shorts and a black tank top, while Zachary was only in batman boxers. 

He raced to the emergency room, which I think is a little excessive, but it proved to be useful. The doctor took me in right away saying if the marks aren't taken care of quickly it could get an infection and possibly be there forever. The scars just healed yesterday, which I was thankful for because every time I moved it hurt my body. Zachary took extreme care for me and is still taking extreme care for me even though I assured him I was fine. I had to kick him out of the house today to make him go to work. I would have gone with him, but he refused to. He actually made me a deal saying if I stay home then he would go to work. I agreed and now I am bored out of my mind. I tried to watch TV, but they were either stupid, too dramatic, or something along those lines. The only shows I enjoyed weren't on until later. I looked for a book to read, but couldn't find anything interesting, they were either horror or mystery. The horror terrified me and the mystery was angering me by how suspicious it all sounded. Right now I am on my phone and was playing "Cut the Rope" it can be very tedious, but it was very time consuming.

The doorbell took me out of my boring stupor and allowed me to move around with a purpose. I opened the door and noticed a girl, around my age, looking a little like me. She had my blue-green eyes with extremely dark brown hair. She died a few streaks to be hot pink and wore makeup that made her look beautiful. She seemed to be as tall as me, if not taller, but I couldn't be sure which it could be. I stare at her and asked, "No offense, but who are you?"

She put on a smile, although it looked very weird, and replied back, "I am your sister, Pearl, silly!" She did a fake laugh as she lightly patted me on the shoulder. 

"Okay so what are you doing here?" I remember Zachary telling me that I never had a strong relationship with my family and was the reason why I moved out here, really far from them.

"Don't you know? I am here to visit my boyfriend! He lives here!" I stare at her curiously. Was there someone else staying here?

"Who is your boyfriend?"

I saw a glint in her eye that I couldn't identify before she said, "My boyfriend is Zachary Wethmore! Didn't you know? He told me he was letting you stay until your memory could come back. He even told me that he was trying to make you feel comfortable and make you believe that you two were in a relationship. He called me to tell me he thinks that you have most of your memories back. I couldn't wait to surprise him, so I came as soon as possible. He told me to tell you that you can go out into the world and to wish you luck. I personally thought you should have been left alone with, but what could I do with him having such a sweet heart, but get one thing straight." She inched closer to my face before she spoke in a really serious way. "If I ever see you within a mile of my boyfriend again, I will cut off your hair, pull your entire nails from your body and cut you up until you die of blood loss." She stood back up before over exaggerating put on a sweet face saying, "Good luck with life bitch!"

I looked at the ground before tears began to leak out of my eyes. I am such a fool! Of course he wouldn't have feelings for me, compared to my sister, I am the hideous creature that crawled out of the trash. Why couldn't I see he was just playing me along? I am a true idiot for believing he could love me. All those nice gestures were just ways of making me comfy and I was stupid to believe him. Then my lovely sister decided to come and explain it all to me. I am glad though that I was able to hear it from her instead of my supposed boyfriend. I look up at her and smiled before saying, "Thank you for telling me. Tell Zachary that I wanted to thank him for all that he has done for me and I won't bother him again. All the clothes and stuff he bought me can be donated to Good Will. I am sorry for interfering this relationship. I will leave now, forever." 

With that I walk out the door, scared for the outcome of what would await me.