Chapter 3

Shit, shit, shit! Why did he have to ask where I live! He can't know I live in a whore house, or that I work at the strip club. He would fire me immediately if he found out where I work. I can't quit right now either because I haven't even got a paycheck to pay off my bills and necessities. For now, I can just do my job and wait, but right now, I need to not tell Zachary Wethmore where I live. Should I call him Mr. Wethmore? Well I can call him that out loud and call him Zachary in my head. Anyway, what the hell am I suppose to tell him?

"I . . .uh," I try to get something out, but I am a little speechless.

"You do have a home, right?"

"Of course, it's just that, I would rather not say where I live right now. I am a little private about my life."

He gave me a skeptical look, but quickly got rid of it. "I will then need you to fill out an information sheet, so that I may be able to contact you. I will also need you to sign a document for you to start being my secretary by tomorrow."

He gives me a simple sheet for the information and a huge ass packet for the signing. It took less than 5 minutes to fill the sheet, but almost an hour to read and sign the packet. There were some interesting things in there too. Like if I were to get sick, then he was to come and take care of me. What the hell? Along with that, if there were to be any emergencies for myself then he was to take care of me and the expenses. There were so much more in there that was so weird and got me thinking. Why did he put all of that in there? Did he do this with his last secretary? I have no idea, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it right now.

He says, "Next order of business, I need to get you a name tag, I.D. for Wethmore Industries, and to get you a key for my private elevator. The name tag I will get over night, today we can get the I.D. and key. The key is in my drawer and we can take a picture with my phone, so that I can send it to the company who prints I.D.'s and get them by tomorrow morning. I will walk you out and-"

I interrupt him with, "You don't have to walk me out. I am perfectly capable, besides, I walked here today, so it would be a waste for you to walk me out."

He nods reluctantly, not liking the idea what-so-ever. I'm not sure which one though, is it the one where I didn't want him to walk me out or the one about me walking here? Maybe it's both? I have no fucking idea. "Well, let me take the picture and you may be on your way."

He took out his Galaxy S5 and told me to stand by the window to get a shot. I made a straight face, but he said, "Smile will yah? This is gonna be with you forever, make yourself look beautiful."

I looked down, smiled and looked at the camera. I heard small clicking noises and noticed the movement of his finger taking the picture. He then walked to his desk and grabbed a key. He said, "The secret elevator is located down the hall to your left. There will be a slot to put your key in and you will arrive in my office. That should be it so you're good to go. I will see you tomorrow then."

"See yah." I smiled and left the office. After the door closes I let out a huge sign of release. I actually got the job! I couldn't be happier right now. I feel like I could burst. I quickly got back into the elevator. I press the first floor button and wait for it to go down the 63 flights of floors in this building. As I wait, I plan on hitting good will to pick up some clothes for work. I dug this out of the bottom of one of my suitcases and was extremely lucky. I needed at least 6 outfits for the five days he brings me in and the emergency one incase something happens. I live a couple of blocks from here and good will is around the corner.

I hear the ding, bringing me out of my thought, and indicating that it was time for me to step out. I walk passed Penelope and headed towards Goodwill. As I go in, i worry incase I can't find something appropriate for work. I roam the racks and was lucky to see a couple of decent dresses and a couple pairs of pants and shirts that would go awesome together. I also saw some shoes that I thought would look amazing with these outfits. By the time I hit check out, I had the total of $67.89 with tax. I still had a bit over $100 left over and decided to save it in case of an emergency. 

I head back home and thanked myself for wearing flats instead of heals. By the time I reach home I feel like I could pass out on the couch. Instead, I head towards my room and place the bags on the bed. I began to take out the clothing and then put them in the laundry. As long as I put them in the dryer then I should be good. I see the time and notice it is 7:30p.m. I yawn as the tiredness takes over me. I try to walk to the kitchen, but I hit the couch instead. I groan as my shin throbbed and lied down. The couch didn't help and just made me pass out.

***************************************************************************************************************

I groan as the sun hits my face. I roll over, which was a mistake, and hit the floor. I groan even more and get up. I check the time to see it is 7 o'clock. Shit! I need to take a shower, get my clothes on and get to work. I won't have time to eat breakfast, as I was already cutting it close. I am thankful that yesterday I didn't have to dance, but I do today. 

I hurry to take a shower and was out in about 10 minutes. I look for my new clothes, until I remembered that I put them in the washer last night. I quickly went to the washer and grabbed the sleeveless light pink dress I saw. It still felt wet, but there were no spots on it. As I put it on, goosebumps go up and down my skin at the coldness and grabbed my tan flats that I bought yesterday. As I hope across the room I see that it is 7:30. I ran out of the whore house and did a little hoppy half-jog half-walk until I got to Wethmore Industries. I check the time to see it is 7:55. I quickly go in and head towards the elevator which was closing. I yelled, "Hold the door!", but it seemed that no one was paying attention and it closed right before I could reach it. It was one of two elevators that was operating right now, and I don't want to be late nor do I want to run up 63 flights of stairs. 

I then remembered the key that Zachary gave me yesterday. I sigh in happiness and run down the hall. I turn left and see the slot that Zachary was talking about. I fumbled at first, but immediately got it in, twisted it, and saw the elevator door open. I got it and slammed the 63rd floor bottom a couple of times. I check my watch to see that it was 7:58. I am going to be cutting it close.

I jump a little getting eve more anxious as the seconds tick away at the possibility of me being fired. My stomach growls, but I forget about it as I hear the door ding.

The first thing I see is Zachary being tackled by a bright red-headed girl from behind. Oh boy, here we go.