36

" You stay the whole day in this damn library and then ask me why you're single.”

Taehyung takes the book from Jimin's hand, sitting opposite to him. They are currently sitting in the school's library, a place that Jimin likes and Taehyung equally dislikes.

Jimin fixes the big glasses that hang too loosely on his small face. He sighed before trying to reach out for the book. Taehyung uses his taller privileges to raise the book high up to the level that is out of Jimin's reach.

" You know maybe you won't be single now." He smirks, placing the book down gently. He does so knowing that Jimin already lost all his interest in the book. It's not like he's purposely single, it's just that nobody has caught his eye yet... except his best friend Min Yoongi.

" What do you mean by that ?" 

Jimin raises his brow, standing in front of him. Even though Taehyung is taller than him he tries his best to look intimidating.

" I just heard that someone will propose to you." 

Kim Taehyung is one of the most popular guys in the school so it's not shocking to Jimin that Taehyung knows something like that.

He could feel the jittering feeling inside of his body, he doesn't know who Taehyung is referring to but the little corner of his heart hopes that it's none other than his best friend Yoongi.

" It's Kang Haein." 

He's one of the most popular guys in the school probably because of his looks, all the guys and girls practically drool over him but not Jimin.

" Ohh..." 

Jimin whispers, feeling his heart sink. He mentally curses at himself for even thinking about the possibility of Yoongi proposing to him. The older only sees him as his best friend but Jimin certainly does not.

" He's such a good match for you." 

Taehyung grabs him in a side hug, crashing him in between his arm muscles.

Jimin listens to his best friend listing that guy's characteristics. And even though Jimin would admit that the guy seems pretty much a decent person his heart would reject him. Because he's not Min Yoongi.

" I heard he'll do it during the basketball match. Make sure to come." 

He winks at him before storming out of the library.

Jimin plops down on the nearest chair, his mind is a literal mess.

It doesn't hurt in trying, right ? Maybe what he feels towards Yoongi is just an infatuation because he has spent most of his time with him. It's just an attraction and it'll go away with time. He just needs to find the right guy that can make him forget about Yoongi. He's happy that they're friends and maybe it's better that way only. So with a determined mind he walks out of the library.

His feet are all sweaty, his heart thumping in his chest. He stops in between every 5 steps , doubting if he made the right choice or not. The nervousness finally settles down in his system, making his legs numb.

He slaps himself lightly, trying to get in shape. With a deep breath he's ready to walk towards the ground when someone calls for him from behind. 

“ Jimin, Yoongi is waiting for you on the terris.”

Ilsung, one of their common friends, tells him. 

“ Why?”

“ He didn't tell me that.” 

With that, ilsung was gone from there. 

He tries to think whether he should go to Yoongi or not. He could just say that he was busy, the older wouldn't mind and would understand him. He can do that but his feet already seem to have made a choice because now he's walking to the opposite direction of the ground.

Who is he lying to? Yoongi is and will always be the most important person to him. Even if he's about to board a flight to a whole different country and Yoongi calls for him at that very moment, he'll surely leave the flight just to meet his hyung.

" Hyung." 

His hands are placed on his knees as he huffs at the lack of oxygen. He ran to the terris with all his might. 

" Oh, you're here." 

Yoongi waves at him. He has that usual warm smile on his face, one that makes Jimin go weak for him.

His hands move instinctively, checking if the older is hurt somewhere but he seems to be fine.

" Why did you call me here ?" 

He sits on the empty desk layered on top of each other on the corner. Not many students know about this place, it's supposed to be his and Yoongi's hideout. The one where they usually go when they want to bunk their classes.

" I need to ask you something." 

The sudden line made Jimin shiver with hope. Did Yoongi know about the proposal thing ? Is that why he called him here ? And now he's going to profess his love ?

He tries hard not to show his overexcited expressions. Yoongi didn't say anything and in continuation he walked towards Jimin, closing by an inch with every step.

He stared deeply into Jimin's eyes, his fingers fluttering nervously. Jimin gulps the lump in his throat, he didn't even notice it was there, perhaps because of how close Yoongi was to him now.

" Jimin." 

Yoongi speaks in his deep voice and Jimin can feel his legs go weak. It's like his fantasies are coming to reality.

" Yes." He tries his best not to stutter, trying to hold Yoongi's gaze.

" What should I get my mom for her birthday ?" 

' I like you too.' he's ready to speak those words when Yoongi's voice echoes in his head. 

Wait, what ? What did he just say ?

" Huh ?" 

He asks in daze because that's not what he was expecting.

Yoongi steps away from him, his eyes focused on the shapeless clouds.

" You know, I can't figure out what I should get for mom on her birthday ?" 

He scratches his face, sweat rolling down like water droplets over his face.

" Yoongi, it's May and your mom's birthday is in August." 

Well Jimin is mad. It can't be true that Yoongi called him here just for this bullshit.

" Oh, I just want to buy an early birthday gift so I don't forget about it." 

If Jimin can commit one sin in his life, he'd gladly like to kill his best friend right now. That's how annoyed he is right now but that doesn't mean he's going to show it to the older male.

Instead of screaming and being mad at him , he smiles at the older. Mumbling a little 'sure hyung' as he tries to list all the possible gift ideas for her.

Yoongi's mind drifts towards Jimin's plump lips the whole time that he speaks. What Jimin didn't know was that Yoongi in fact knew about the proposal thing and he didn't want the younger to say 'yes' to that person. So to avoid any chances of that happening he just came up with the best idea and that was to make him not go to the game.

He just thought he was being protective over his best friend and didn't want to share him with anyone else. But years later he finally knew why he didn't want him to go , because he was in Love with him. He was in love with his best friend.