Chapter 27*

(D/L/n) = Different Last Name
S/N = Sister's Name

~~~~

"And that's the last of the paperwork," the doctor said. "Well, Mr. L/n, you're officially discharged. You can go home now."

"Thanks."

"Thank you very much."

S/N said her goodbyes to the doctor, the nurses, and other hospital staff as she led M/n towards the exit.

As soon as the doors closed behind them, S/N's smile dropped and her expression contorted into one of anger and disbelief. "I'm away on a business trip and I come back to hear that you got hospitalized? Just what in the hell were you doing?"

M/n laughed nervously. "Uh... I was, uh... tagging a wall and got caught in a gunfight?"

S/N stopped walking and turned to M/n, narrowing her eyes on him. The (h/c)-ette put his hands up, seeing a glint of suspicion in her eyes. She sighed.

It was clear she didn't believe him. "Seriously... Well, whatever. The important thing is that you're alive. The doctor said you lost quite a bit of blood."

"Yeah..."

"He also told me you had another wound that was already stitched up and covered with... web?"

"Huh?"

She stopped walking and immediately turned to face him. "So, do you want to tell me what really happened? Because I know when you're lying. You're lying to me right now."

"What?" M/n said, dragging it out. "No. That's crazy! Why would I lie to you?"

S/N placed her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow. "Mm-hm."

Just before she could question him once more, her phone rang. She grabbed it from her bag and glanced at the caller ID.

"Ah, it's my boss," she said before giving M/n a side glare. "This isn't over. Hello~"

M/n rolled his eyes, seeing how his older sister's demeanor changed as soon as she answered the phone.

"Yes. Yes. Oh, no. I'm so sorry, sir, but I can't make it to today's meeting. As soon as my team got back, I got a call from the hospital-- Hey!"

M/n grabbed the keys from S/N's hand. "I'm going to the car now."

As the (h/c)-ette walked away, he could hear how his sister apologized over and over. He unlocked the car and got into the passenger side. He settled down in a comfortable position. His curiosity led to him lifting his shirt a little to see bandages wrapped around his abdomen.

He pulled down his shirt and looked up, his gaze landing on a figure in the distance. They had a red hood over their head and wore a familiar pair of shoes.

"Miles...?"

When they turned around, he was disappointed to see that his assumption was wrong. Just then, the car door opened, and in came his older sister.

"Sorry. It was my boss."

She managed to get a glance at his face as she was setting down her bag and stopped. "Are you okay?"

"Hmm...?"

"You look... sad."

"Oh, uh... It's nothing..."

S/N suspected that wasn't the case, but decided to just leave it there. "Alright. So... Are you hungry?"

"Very."