Chapter 14*

"Okay, little fella, Kingpin's gonna send a lot of mugs after ya. And I'm talkin' hard boys, real biscuit boxers!" Spider-Noir said as he started moving his fists in circular motions. "Can you fight them all off at once?

"Uh, well," Miles replied, putting his fists up hesitantly. "I haven't actually fought anyone--"

"Surprise attack!"

Spider-Noir rolled and kicked him, sweeping Miles' feet up and making him fall and hit the ground hard. "Hey, come on, Noir--"

M/n was cut off by Peni. "Can you rewire a mainframe while being shot at?"

Peni tossed a mainframe at him as he got up. "Can I what?"

"Show me!"

"Surprise attack!"

He was knocked back once again. "Hey--"

"Can you swing and flip with the grace of a trained dancer?"

"Can you close off your feelings so you don't get crippled by the moral ambiguity of your violent actions?!"

"Can you help your aunt create an online dating profile so she can get out of the dang house once in a while?"

"Can you float through the air when you smell a delicious pie?"

"What...?"

"Can you be strong?"

"Ruthless?!"

"Disciplined?"

"I don't know. Maybe--"

"Psychic?"

"Show me some moxie, soldier!"

"Above all!", Gwen said and grabbed his arm, picking him up. "No matter how many times you get hit, can you get back up?"

"Gwen--"

She suddenly kicked him, making him fall on the floor for the third time. "'Cause when a Spider-Man is on the floor--"

"When you think you can't keep goin'--"

"Come on, Miles!"

"Come on, Miles!"

"Come on! You can do it!"

"You can do this!"

"Guys--"

"Get up, Miles!"

"Come on, Miles. Get up."

His world was suddenly turning shaky, their voices seeming to fade away slowly.

"Enough!!!" a loud voice boomed, making the shaking Miles felt go away and everyone else go quiet immediately. 

Miles looked in front of him to see M/n, standing with arms out protectively. His gaze was narrowed, making a shiver go down their spines. "Scary...", Noir muttered. 

"You're not helping! Don't you understand?! We're all different! We might be heroes who share the same qualities, but we each have a different style of doing things! Throwing your techniques at him head-on is not gonna help!"

"M/n..."

"M/n's right," Peter added, stepping forward. 

"Peter..."

"Miles is not us. Like it or not, he's gotta figure some stuff out on his own."

M/n turned to Miles and helped him up. The others gathered around. "You need to be more honest with yourself about this," Gwen whispered to Peter, but M/n caught it. "He's not ready. It's obvious."