Chapter 11*

The shaking of the lights grew harsher. "Miles, you gotta unstick...! What do you do to relax?"

"Relax... Okay, okay, okay," Miles muttered, the shaking calming down before he started singing. "Needless to say I, uh, uh, mmm."

"Oh, for crying out loud."

Peter face-palmed, shaking his head. "Callin' it quits. Now, baby, I'm a wreck."

As he hummed, his fingers slowly started unsticking. "Ooh~ Ooh, ooh, ooh-- Ahhhh!!"

He finally got unstuck and fell down, flipping a table over in the process. Peter looked down. "Teenagers. Just the worst."

The scientist turned around, having heard the commotion. When Peter looked up, he didn't see Miles anywhere. He jumped over the table, eyes wide and alert. "Miles, where did you go?"

"I'm right here," Miles answered.

"Where? I can't see ya."

"I'm right in front of you."

Peter stopped and tilted his head, taking a step closer to where he heard Miles' voice. "Can Spider-Man turn invisible?" Miles asked, looking down at his hands.

"Not in my universe."

He pointed his index finger at Miles and accidentally poked him. "Aah! You just poked me in my eye!"

"This is incredible," Peter said, impressed. "Some kind of fight or flight thing."

He kept poking him until Miles became visible again. "What's that?"

They both turned to see the head scientist heading toward her office; exactly where they were. Miles disappeared in that instant. Peter turned to where he last saw Miles. "Remember this password. D-G-F-A-M-P-E-S-A-N-D--"

"Wait...! Slow down...!"

"--4-$-3-5-8-7-6-5-3-4-5-4-5-3-5--"

"I need to write it down...!"

"Download the schematic."

"How do I do that--?"

"While I...", Peter started, running his hand over his covered hair. "Turn on the charm."

The head scientist walked in with a surprised look on her face. "Spider-Man?"

"Oh, hey. Didn't see you there," he said, leaning on her desk.

"Wow!" she gasped and walked towards him. "Okay, I'm kinda freaking out right now. I mean, you're supposed to be dead!"

"Surprise!"

She then touched his face and lifted his mask. "Okay. That's a no-no. We don't like that."

"This is fascinating."

The head scientist squeezed his cheeks together and tilted his head. "Okay. That's my face."

"An entirely different Peter Parker," she said and opened his left eye wider before examining the rest of him. "Little bit of a gut. Perhaps from dimensional warping."

"Oh. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was way flatter before I warped."

Miles typed vigorously on the keyboard as Peter took occasional glances at him. "Travel through the multiverse appears to have deteriorated the--"

"3-4. Ah...! What was the rest...?!" he whisper-shouted, turning the screen towards Peter.

He whistled to get his attention. Peter signaled with his hand '3-5'. "Hey, how old are you? 'Cause you don't look a day over 35."