Chapter : 5

Christmas present from y'all***           

           Inside City's Hospital

"Pl-please..please Doctor..please don't do this to us..(choking*)...please start the operation..(sobbing*)...please Doctor...(taking little breathes*)..She needs it..pl-pl-plea-seee.."

Zhan was crying with an aching heart. Without caring for passerby's expressions, he was begging while holding Doctor's leg, clinging like a kid to his savior but his  every plea went into deaf ears. The Doctor neither budged nor his cold heart melted. Everyone who was present around him, felt bad for the Zhan but didn't try to help him. Doctor was trying hard to remove Zhan's hand from his leg while denying again and again,

"Please try to understand this child. Without paying the hospital charges as well as the Operation cost, we can't even keep her here. It's a private hospital and have some common and important rules and regulations. We are bound to follow it. Please don't create such scene or else I have to call for guards. Leave me, I have to attend my patients. They would be waiting.."

Zhan still didn't let go and instead cried more but his tears was worthless in their eyes. The pain he was experiencing, was just nothing in front of some amount of money. Suddenly two guards came and started dragging him out of the hospital, ignoring his maddening cries and threw him to entrance's staircase harshly without caring for if the poor soul got hurt somewhere or not.

Zhan rolled down to the last stairs in half lying on his stomach and hit his knees badly. He didn't cared for his wounds and got up with his wobbling legs to go up but his little remains hopes died inside his heart as soon his eyes travelled to his jie and Didi, getting dragged outside as well while holding their unconscious mother. He hurried over to take his mother in his arms and hugged her lifelessly pale body tightly while his helplessness took form of silent tears.

Cheng and Yanli, whose condition was no better than Zhan, hugged a badly shaking Zhan, shedding unlimited tears. Neither dark night was enough to hide their pain and grief nor the horns coming from the moving vehicles on busy road would cover their horrible plea. It was like God too turned into stone hearted, leaving them on their poor state. And like the sufferings were not enough, he added more.

Mrs. Xiao who whose was already unconscious, became restless. Her breathings became laboured and chest rising and falling rapidly like she was having difficulties somewhere. The three got panicked as horror filled their eyes. They did every possible thing to calm their unstable mother but nothing worked. Zhan's mind was running crazily as he thinking hard for a solution, between his maddening  state but all in vain. His heart was drowning in despair....just then he remember the only way....The Deal!

Without thinking twice, Zhan fished out his phone from his jeans pocket and dialled the number which he had thought would never ever call. Hastily wiping his tears from his sleeves, he cleared his throat, try to speak as clearly as possible even he knew his voice came out cracking and rough but who cared? Taking some deep breath in order to not sounding crying but as soon the latter answered the call, his cracked sobbing voice sounded shamefully,

"Hello?"

"(In a pure panick) I-I..I-It's m-e...pl-please s-save h-her..s-save m-my m-mom..I-I p-pro-mise I-I w-will d-do w-wh-ate-ver y-y-you say..but plea-please.."

His pleading got silenced automatically with the call ending. His eyes again got filled with disappointment thinking that latter had changed his mind perhaps. Having no other way, his heart was sinking in the depth of darkness where not a single ray was visible...just then a bright light hit his face, making him aware of the changing in his peaceful surrounding. His suspect was right. A black Mercedes Car was resting in front of his eyes. It didn't took him longer to recognize the owner of the car. For the very first time, he was happy from the arrival of his enemy.