Chapter Four

Lauren's POV

I was really liking it in Seattle, it's been a couple of months and I was liking it more and more as time went on.

It was mostly because of Camila, in the short amount of time she and I have become significantly closer. She still sent my heart racing and there was still some slight flirting but I knew I could never act on it.

I was drinking my coffee staring at the painting that hung on the wall, I couldn't help but smile when looking at it. I was just reminded of the day I got it, that was an amazing day.

Camila took me to the gallery like she promised and I was blown away with how amazing her taste was. The painting that hung on my wall she actually picked it out, and it was really beautiful. Now every time I looked at it I thought of Camila and that brought a smile to my face.

I was brought out of my daydreaming when there was a knock at my door.

I placed my mug on the counter and I made my way to the door, I looked in the peephole and seen that it was Camila and that made me extremely happy. I opened the door right away and she greeted me with a smile.

I smiled at her. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know, didn't have anything else to do."

I chuckled. "Come in."

She walks in and I closed the door behind her.

"You didn't have any plans today?" I asked.

"I had plans with Stephan but he cancel last minute." She says plopping down on the couch.

"He seems to do that a lot." I observed taking a seat beside her.

She shrugged. "It is his senior year and he is a part of a fraternity."

I almost rolled my eyes at the fact that he was in a fraternity, I met Stephan once for a brief moment when I ran into both of them in the lobby. Camila introduced us but he seemed to be in a rush to leave so he was very short with me. She apologized for him later and said that he wasn't normally that rude, I just shrugged it off.

"Speaking of which, would you like to go to a party with me?" She asked.

Hard pass.

"No," I said simply.

She looked confused because I never turned down an invitation to hangout with her before. I love spending time with her but I just know I wouldn't feel comfortable at a party.

She gives me a smile. "Come on Lo, it's should be fun and I always end up alone it would be nice if I had someone there to keep me company."

"I can keep your company literally anywhere else." I told her.

"I have to be there its Stephan's party." She says.

"So, it's a frat party even worse. I'm sorry Camila but that's just not my scene."

She looks at me with puppy dog eyes. "Not even for me?"

I looked at her and she was so cute.

"Sorry."

"Okay, I guess I go it alone." She pouted.

I looked at her. "You wouldn't be alone right Stephan will be there?"

She took a breath. "Yeah I know but he's usually occupied with his friends."

"Then what's the point of you going if he ignores you all night, that sounds terrible Camila. Do you even want to go?" I asked.