I made the right choice.... right?

Happy birthday Sainadora  author of "The Unexpected" I wish you many more years

ALEC’S POV

Friday was a busy day and I was eager to leave the office. I had a general meeting with other managers of TIRMA hospital at different branches in 3 weeks and I needed to run some errands so that we would know what we were in need of and avoid any form of mistakes since this was my first meeting at the branch and our hospital was hosting this month.

Avery and Zara were unable to come because they both had to attend the ceremony so they had the day off ; Avery had already helped me with the documents needed on Tuesday.

I was glad when it was a few minutes to work being over. I was really exhausted and I had an important assignment to do but I needed to get a gift. It was high time I popped the question but I still had second thoughts and I didn’t tell Chizzy anything because I wanted to surprise him but I needed a little advice at the moment. I brought out my phone to call Chizzy; I knew Chizzy would persuade me into asking her out so I didn’t bother calling him.

I went to the jewellery store, bought a gold chain bracelet and packaged it in a black box.

This was the best decision right?

I finally went to her house and was about to chicken out until she opened the door. She was a little surprised to see me but let me in.

‘Hello’ she said smiling at me

‘Hi’ I said awkwardly

‘So… what brings you here?’ she asked a little confused

‘I came to tell you something’ I said swallowing my fear

‘Okay, I’m all ears’ she said as sat down close to me

I took her hand and said

‘Its been months since we knew each other and we’ve grown from just friends to very close friends and I realized that you are more than that to me; I just wanted to let you how much you mean to me’ I paused

I brought out the black box and opened it

‘would you make me the happiest guy by being my girlfriend?’

She was speechless and I saw tears dripping from her eyes.

I was a little scared but I little surprised when she hugged me and said

‘Yes I would love to be your girlfriend’

We both smiled at each other and hugged for a while then I pressed my lips against hers.

……..

‘Wait you guys are finally official and I’m finding out now?’ Chizzy said in surprise as we had our dinner. Abbey came over and she loved the scene he was making.

‘Why are you complaining its just 7:30 and they were official a few hours ago so stop making a big deal out of it.’ She said as she continued eating her moi moi.

‘But we are best friends I’m supposed to know about it at least 10 minutes before he executes whatever crazy idea he has in mind.

He didn’t even give me a hint’ he defended

‘But now you know, so get over it’ Abbey said

‘True, so what did you guys do after that’

‘Do you really want to know?’ I asked

‘We’re your best friends, of course we do’ he smiled weirdly at me

‘True to that but please spare us the details’ Abbey said