Alec's story

Alec's POV

I can't believe I'm leaving California after everything. I wish things didn't have to end up this way but the memories here are haunting me and I need to move on for the benefit of everyone including myself.

I remember when we moved here, I was a little down because i was going to miss my friends amd family back in Nigeria. My siblings were already staying at the U.S.A but not in California; they were in different states but in school. I was about entering the university so I wasn't badly affected. We weren't affected much with racial crisis because the environment we found ourselves in was mixed and friendly so we all got along.

University was really fun; I was smart but that didn't mean I never went for parties and did crazy stuffs. I was a lady's guy and I took advantage of that fact.

And here I am; moving from all my memories and going back to my home town.

........................

I asked for a transfer to a branch in Nigeria and I was transferred to Abuja; I had two weeks before I resumed for work so it meant I had a week to say my goodbyes before I got to Nigeria. I was happy at the same time sad but it was for the best. I had some fun with my friends at the normal places we hung out and had some drinks and the night before I left for the airport I had a farewell party from my family and friends; I tried to enjoy myself but that memory was still haunting me; I still enjoyed my last day in the county.

"Kelenna, I want you to know that we all love you and this is for the best. We are all happy for you and we hope you would find peace joy and happiness in our homeland. I pray all your wishes and desires are fulfilled including ours" my mum said with a smirk. What she meant is that she prays I find a wife because she wants more grandchildren which I am clearly not ready for especially in this condition.

Going back to Nigeria was going to be interesting because I would meet up with my old classmates and have a reunion. My best friend, Chizutere 'Chizzy' was staying in Abuja and his place was close to TIRMA hospital so I was going to spend some time with him till I get settled down.

Chizzy picked me up from the airport with one of my close secondary school classmates; Abeni "Abbey". It has been so long since I saw them physically and they both looked so different.

"Welcome back Kael or is it Alec now?" Chizzy said as well both hugged and slapped each other's backs.

"Hello, its been long and it's weird for me to say this but you came back a little more attractive and you've changed a lot Kael" Abbey said out of shock but still hugged me.

"Thanks Abbey" I said in a sweet tune. It's been so long and some things have changed. "Why are we still here let's get back to my apartment and get settled down" Chizzy said while carrying my things to his car.

Abbey had some errands to do so we dropped her off and when we got to his apartment I was so impressed. I never thought such interior designs existed in Nigeria no offence but things have really improved here. "Like what you see?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm really impressed and with the kind of personality you have I'm shocked you could actually afford this" I said and before I knew it, a very small ball hit me. "This is my house so mind it" he said as I laughed.

After helping me get settled in we both went to a restaurant to have lunch.

"So how is California?" He asked

"It was nice but I needed to come back to Nigeria" I said.

"How about your recent girlfriends, it's been long since you told me about your playboy life" he smirked. Then I remembered that horrible incident that still haunted me till now.

"Chizzy I've calmed down, I no longer have time for that" I said with a moody face. He got the information and decided no to go further.

"Kael, I forgot to tell you this but now is the right time. I think you need to enjoy yourself before you start work" he said.

"Do I seriously need one?" I asked.

"Of course you do; besides I'm not asking you i'm just telling you and once everything is set we're going out and  having fun on friday evening so you better prepare your body. From the looks of it you havent been active for some time and you need to be powered up  and get your charm active again". 

"God when they were sharing normal best friends where was I" I said while checking my phone.

"You were obviously with me" he said as we both laughed.

We spent the week going out and and helping me adjust to the time zone. He was on vacation for two weeks so we had a lot of time to ourselves. We had fun cooking a lot of things together and trying out weird combinations. We were good cooks but we had a big problem cleaning up. I always pitied the household and tried to imagine what it felt like to clean the mess of two grown men.

.........................................

Hey guys
How was Alec's POV
Does this give you guys hint on who he is
Please read share vote and comment please ❤❤❤