Surprised actions

I asked the taxi to drop me at stallion motors and when I got there, I went to fill in the documents I needed to fill and got my car's documents. I had already renewed my driver's licence before I traveled to Port Harcourt so all I needed to do was pick up my Car and I did just that.

I got home around 4:30p.m so I had time to prepare. I took the car to the Carwash at the estate; it was close to the barbercue area so I had some roasted plaintain and fish; also known as Bole.

It's been so long since I had Bole and I was so happy, at the same time surprised because I rarely saw Bole in Abuja. I only had it during special occasions and eating it now brought back old memories of how my brothers and I would beg our mum to buy Bole.Axel never liked roasted yam so Ayden and I always fought for it.

I never understood my mum; she still looked young to me and she wasn't even in her fifties but she would always add Uzuza ( a native herb) to hers while she's eating it. She said it was good for the body especially hers but I found it weird because I always saw old people eating it.

I was just reflecting on old memories till I saw the person I least expected.

'I.B' I gasped

"Calm down, I didn't mean to scare you or anything its just that I saw you were lost in thoughts so I wanted to bring you back to reality" he said with a smile on his face.

"Oh okay, so what brings you here" I asked.

"I just wanted to get some barbecue but I just changed my mind because what you're eating looks delicious and tasty" he grinned.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Well this food I'm having here brings back old memories" I said with a feeling of nostalgia.

"Care to share?" He asked and I did.

I told him how much I loved Bole and how my siblings were whenever our mum bought it. We talked about how much fun we had bevause of it.

"You really miss them, don't you?" He asked.

"I do a lot but I dont regret coming to Abuja". I noticed he had a look on his face and I asked "what's up"

"Oh nothing much; I just wanted to ask why you- he was caught off by my phone's alarm tune. I checked and realized it was 5:10 meaning I was supposed to be at home getting ready by this time.

"I'm so sorry, I have to go" I said hurriedly as I went to the Car wash to pick up my car then I drove off.

When I got home I paused for a moment; then realized I was talking to the guy that made a joke out of me in secondary school; the one who destroyed my mindset towards guys ans one of the many reasons I didn't want to study in Nigeria. I felt so stupid to have been so open with him; I just hope I'm not catching any feelings. That's the last thing I want to happen and he's the last person I would ever fall for in the world. (I hope)

I quickly went inside and took a shower for about 15 minutes, making sure I scrubbed every sweaty part of my body. I blow dried my long braids and packed them in a high pony tail making sure I looked stylist and comfortable.

I quickly put on my outfit and took some time to do my makeup. I didnt want to be recognized so I had a heavy makeover. The star shaped birthmark I had on my right arm was covered with my red Jacket. I packed my ID, car keys, phone, some money, my ATM and drivers license in my small bag. I kept my headset and laptop in my laptop bag. I had left the house by 5:50p.m

Getting to Hilton Hotels wasn't a problem because whenever my family and I came for holidays, we would always stay there. I parked my car at the middle of the massive parking lot at the hotel. I quickly carried my small bag and my headset out of the car and walked to the hotel.
"Where are the DJ auditions being held?" I asked the receptionist