Chapter 14: TIME TO DECIDE

Date: November 6th, 6016.

Time: 5: 13 PM.

The chapter cuts back to Jericho, where Black was surrounded by Outsiders. They didn't seem hostile towards him, but they seemed to be nervous with Black. He then questions them, to break the silence.

Black: Who are you guys?

Gengar: We are fugitives... Just like you... My name is Gus.

The Umbreon and the Espeon then spoke up to Black as well.

Umbreon: I'm Gai.

Espeon: Pearl...

The Shiny Eevee stayed quiet and continued to hug the Espeon's leg. Black then looks around.

Black: So this is Jericho, huh?

Gus: It's a refuge for those who don't want to be slaves anymore, and to be accepted...

Black: Did you guys follow a trail as well when you found Jericho?

Gus: Yes, only those who are like us can find Jericho...

Gai: And the reason why you found Jericho was because of a Outsider, who trusted you enough to give you the key that led you here...

Black then gets a flashback of the Charmeleon, telling him to find Jericho while transferring data to Black before he died.

He then comes back to his senses, and gets disappointed to find Outsiders, who were to scared to leave their hideout, and think that freedom is just surviving, while waiting in a abandoned boat.

Black: And hiding down here in this abandoned boat, just to stay alive is freedom to you?

Gus: Civilian Pokémon hate us. Hiding is the only way to survive right now. And we are still to powerless to make a change...

Pearl: Gus is right, we have to hide right now. There is no safer place than Jericho, for those who are like us. If the Civilian Pokémon knew we were here, they will raid this boat and kill us.

Black then understood why they were hiding, but he still felt like risking his own life, just to make a change was better than waiting in a abandoned boat, to die.

Black: I understand why you guys are hiding here. But I thought Jericho was a place where we could live in freedom...

Gus: We do live in freedom... It may not be what you hoped for, but here we can do whatever we want without being ordered around...

Black: How many of you are there?

Pearl: There are nineteen of us that are still in good condition. The rest were damaged escaping their masters...

Gus: Many of us tried to reach Jericho... Civilian Pokémon have little pity for our kind... I understand how you feel... But we have more freedom here than you ever did.

Black: Civilian Pokémon were your masters, but now it's fear that rules over you guys. You're no freer than you ever were... I came to Jericho looking for hope... Looks like I'm not gonna find any here...

Gai: You're lost. Just like the rest of us... We didn't want this... But all we can do now is deal with it, and hope to survive...

Gus: You're safe here. You are one of us now. You can stay here with us as long as you want.

Pearl then talks to the Shiny Eevee, and he let's go of her leg and walks to Gus. Pearl then walked up to Black.

Pearl: Go and see Lapis. You were hurt pretty bad from that fall, and you have bullet wounds on you as well. She will patch you up, and maybe be able to help you for what you were looking for.