10

Christmas was coming and everyday, a new decoration would pop up. I liked guessing what would be next and usually I would be talking to Hermione about it but she hadn't stopped going on and on about Ron. To make matters worse, Lavender shared a dorm with us.

Listening to her talk to the other girls about how much they snog and where (which was everywhere), was disgusting and daunting. I hated the look on Hermione's face. For the first time ever, I saw her go to bed without reading and that's when I knew I would have to do something soon.

In between classes, when the boys weren't around, before bed, in the morning, and any spare time we had, Hermione wouldn't stop. I knew how annoyed she was and I knew she needed to get it off her chest, which is why I never said anything but God... couldn't she just bottle it up like the rest of us.

There was an unspoken agreement that Harry took Ron and I took Hermione. It just seemed easier that way but still, nothing about this was easy. It became the girls and the boys and then sometimes us with Ron and sometimes us with Hermione. Being a group was out of the question and Harry and I couldn't even tell Ron the reason why.

If he really opened his eyes, the stupid boy would see it but, it wasn't my secret to tell.

Hermione was volunteering in the library this year so I came down to help her during a free period. Once again the conversation turned to the one and only, Ronald Weasley.

"Honestly, he can be with her as much as he likes." She grunted.

"Mhm." I sat on one of the desks, eating a liquorice wand I stole from one of the girls in the dorm. They must have gone to Hogsmead recently.

"He's a big boy." She said.

"That he is." I agreed, nodding.

"It's perfectly normal at this age." She continued.

"Yes it is."

She turned to me and grabbed my candy.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"Are you listening?" Hermione snapped.

"Yes. Ron is a cute, stupid scum of the earth and he can do as he pleases because he's a big boy now." I reiterated.

Hermione looked me up and down before giving back the wand. I smiled and took it happily.

Harry rounded the corner and hopped up beside me. Since taking on the project that was Ron and Hermione, we had been able to put our feelings aside and it's worked great. We were able to be around each other and not want to die.

Progress.

"Hello Potter." I said kindly. "Wand?" I pulled another one out of my pocket and his eyes lit up.

"Don't mind if I do." He grabbed it and opened the package, taking a bite hungrily.

"Cora!" Hermione chastised. "Stealing is wrong, what are you eleven?"

"They're from Lavender's bag." I smirked.

Hermione stood up straighter and glanced at Harry quickly. Harry and I shared a look and I shrugged.

"How many did you take?" Hermione asked softly.

"There's one under your pillow for you."

Hermione barely cracked a smile but I saw the hint and it was enough. She shook her head and grabbed the books, starting to walk.

Harry and I followed quickly, knowing the drill.

"Don't bother giving me a message Harry." And ranting Hermione was back. "He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less." Hermione continued to put books away and Harry and I continued to follow. "Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together, yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."