chapter 26

i made this chapter a lil longer than usual cuz i was late

song of the chapter: prisoner by miley cyrus ft. dua lipa

i'm calling the police if u don't listen to this song 👮🏃👺

"Hey mom." Jaehyuk muttered into the phone.

"Hey honey! Are you excited for the engagement party tonight?" She asked in a weirdly ecstatic tone.

No he was not.

"Um yeah." Jaehyuk said, lying through his teeth. The party has been on his mind with a "warning" sign on it. He dreaded the day he had to actually go. All the horrible possibilities circled his mind that day. It was exhausting.

"Do you want me to send you a driver?" She asked with an unsure tone in her voice. She new he didn't have a car and that would be humiliating on her part. Even if he refused she would send a driver anyways. He took a deep breath and rolled his eyes, putting on a fake exaggerated smile on his face afterwards.

"Nope, thanks mom. I'll just take the bus." He said trying to mock gratitude in his voice.

"You're gonna take the bus.....to a house in that area?" She asked in confusion. Jaehyuk braced himself for the argument that she was going to make.

"Yeah I'll take the bus. Then I guess i'll uh....walk or....climb?" He said getting a little unsure at the end. Now that he thought about it, it made no sense.

"None of that. I'll send a driver." She said in a determined voice. Jaehyuk sighed and dropped his shoulders.

"Mom I don't want you to send a driver. I don't even want to go." He groaned.

"you'll go. And that's final."

At this point, it was no use fighting with her. If she said he'll go, then he has to go. It was like some unspoken rule.