chapter 25

yall need to listen to this song it's so perfect 😭

song of the chapter: softcore by the neighbourhood.

"It's okay." Jaehyuk whispered to him.

Asahi laid in his embrace until his sobs quieted down into short breaths. His breath hitched in his throat from time to time. Jaehyuk still had his arm around him. The comfort was exactly what Asahi needed. Someone to hold him.

The silence gave them a bitter sweet sort of comfort. For Jaehyuk, it gave him confusion. For Asahi, it gave him grief. But they had one thing in common in that moment, comfort.

Without warning, Asahi detached from his embrace and opened the car door. Jaehyuk's eyes trailed him as he left in slight surprise. He opened the car door and walked after Asahi who was walking through the electric door of the small pharmacy . He didn't bother to wipe his tear streaked face, he didn't care what the pharmacist thought.

Jaehyuk looked around at the cooly lit pharmacy. It had a man wearing a white coat at the counter, looking as tired and bored as a person could get. Asahi browsed the place before giving the pharmacist his prescription paper. He walked through the aisles, Jaehyuk tried to keep up with him. Asahi kept a blank look on his face, like he did all the time.

"Are you gonna get anything?" Jaehyuk asked.

"Yup." He said, staring at whatever there was on the shelf. The guy at the counter was starting to give them weird looks.

He walked up to the counter and gave the pharmacist the paper. He read the paper and went into a room with a glass door in the back to pick up his prescription. Jaehyuk stood beside him and stared at the place mindlessly . Asahi looked around at the things on the shelves on the counter.

A small shaped silver box of cigarettes caught his eye. He bit his lip, contemplating in his mind whether it was a good idea to buy it or not. The pharmacist came back with his bottle sleeping pills and put it on the counter. After he came, Asahi grabbed the box and put it on the counter.