chapter 37

i changed Asahi's family's actual names cuz i'm not a creep 🙈
and i updated twice today periodt.

song recommendation - la luna enamorada by kali uchis

"You're making me feel better.....don't ruin it."

Jaehyuk felt his heart stop in his chest, his eyes widened.

"W-what?" Jaehyuk asked quietly stumbling over his words.

Asahi's eyes widened when he realised what he said, he tensed up in his spot and sucked in a breath. Jaehyuk heard him let out an exasperated sigh from the other line. Asahi furrowed his brows and massaged his temples in frustration.

"Ugh shit....forget I said that." He grumbled. Jaehyuk was still speechless but he wanted to sound normal and totally okay with it.

"I uh......it's-" He tried to say. Before he could continue, Asahi quickly cut him off.

"I need to go to sleep." He said. "Go to sleep."

"I-" Jaehyuk said before Asahi hung up the phone.

Asahi drove through the city with a bitter expression and his stomach churning into knots . The sun was shining as bright as it could. It was 12pm and he never thought he would have to waste his long awaited Saturday like this. His sweaty hand gripped the steering wheel.

A gutting feeling made its way to his stomach when he pictured his family being there. He took a deep breath in and stared at the road with a determined face. His heart started to beat harder when his surroundings began to get more and more familiar. He was getting closer.

The image of his cousins made him sick. Some of them went to high school with him. And that wasn't so pleasant.

A garden welcomed him to his house. He gulped down and shut the car engine off as he let out a guided breath. The garden in the front yard wasn't so welcoming anymore. He looked up at the house and took a deep breath.

He walked up to the doorstep and rung the bell. His heart was beating harder when he heard footsteps come to the door. He clasped his hands together and braced himself.