Code IV

Joong

"God! You scared me...", the voice that I heard from my back caused me to turn around. The voice was familiar. My key. I turned to look at him.

"Hello...", I said inclining my head, looking at an almost irritated face in front of me.

"Joong, could you stop this! Why are you back again wearing this janitor's uniform. I already asked the acting coach, he said that he hadn't given any such task".

My brows furrowed. Joong? What task he was talking about?. "This is part of my job...besides, this is not your floor".

"So, you still wanted to play liked this? Alright, if it's your quirk, then I must learnt to accept this, since I've decided to try to work amicably with you. So, let's just forget our dispute last week. The boss seemed to think you got potential to be a big star".

Something was not right. The test must have started, then. "Sorry, what dispute? We met last week? I thought we met 3 weeks ago, the first time you talked to me?"

I could see he was taking a huge calming breath. He was not irritated, but was now, angry. "So, you did remember, when you adamantly said I was the crazy one... Joong, I never thought of something so violent as what's inside my head now. You are testing not only my sanity, but my temper as well. STOP IT!".

There's no choice, I needed to connect. I focused and searched his memory of last week. What did he see? What's the dispute about?. Damn! As soon as I see, I knew this was going to be difficult, very difficult indeed.

"Nine!", someone entered the washroom and called his name, "what is taking you so long, and what's with the commotion here, huh? I could hear your raising voice. Did this guy hurt you?". Nine's friend was giving me a skeptical look.

"No, P'. Forgive me for making you wait. Let's go to another floor's washroom. This one is under cleaning". Nine went out with his friend, and I went immediately to the pathway, to see the Enforcer.

"Yes, Archen".

"What a cheap kind of game you set up for me...There're two of me at the same time".

"Well, rather than wasting your time berating us for something that definitely won't be explained, I suggest you should think of the way to pass this test, because as of now, your key is getting further away from you. Ah, you shall hurry, since you used the connection, the Hunters has also known that you now knew that there're two of you. Imagined, if Joong get the hold of your key first, maybe the end of this test, is easier than we predicted. Hmm... Maybe, I should bet, but not as you so confidently said before of your passing, but against it, Archen".

Nine

I was never this mad. As soon as my temper cooled down, I sat again at my desk, trying to gather my wit. Am I really loosing it? But, the profile on my desk meant that I really did see him last week. I opened the profile again and searched for his number, and called.

"Nine, hello. So, have you decided?".

"Joong...at this point, I am really going to lose some shit with you. I just calmed down and now you again asked things that I'd already said...", I wiped my face and grabbed my hair tight in distress.

"Nine...there're some dots that always don't connect, every time we talk. I really couldn't understand this, nor you".

"Then, please accept my suggestion, I will ask the HR to pair you with another manager, Joong. They are just as good, maybe better than I am".

"I stick to what I said. You or no one at all".

"You could easily said this since your family is well off, right? This is just a child's play for you, that your life won't be affected without this work. But, this job is my life, and when the boss personally question the reason for your delay of agreement, it's not a fun time for me".

"Then, say yes, and I will agree, even today. Actually, I am already in the building...".

"Yeah right, of course, you are...", I mumbled.

"You knew? Ah, if you're supposed to be my manager, then you must have been informed".

"Informed? Of what?". I could hear a long exasperated sigh, and a small laughter.

"We talk in circle, again. I am at the fitting studio on the fourth floor, come up...".

Fourth floor? Fitting studio? Is that why he was in that janitor's uniform again. No wonder he looked so confused at my anger. He must had been there to use the washroom. At this point, I was willing to let go of my obsession of our confusion, but a little unsettled feeling gnawing in my heart.

"I'm sorry. I need to go send someone else under my care to a shooting location in another city, in about a minute, and stayed there for some nights. Maybe we could arrange a meeting later. Whatever it was, to avoid any confusion again, don't ask please, but I want to say sorry for my temper".

I took a deep breath, shook my head to clear the slight headache, took my key and bag, and went out of the office.