A Private Conversation

Simeon and I were very focused on the riddles and locating artifacts. We bounced back thoughts and ideas effortlessly. As we were searching for a statue we bumped into Satan, Mammon, and Solomon.

Simeon perked up a bit. "Hey there, Satan. How're things going for your team? Well, I hope?"

Satan looked at us, both tired, and frustrated. "Oh, please. Don't think I don't know what you're up to. You hatched a plot to keep us from winning didn't you?"

Simeon and I looked at each other then back to Satan.

"I'm sorry," started the angel. "What are you referring to?"

Solomon stepped over to us. "He's referring to Asmo, who's preventing us from making any progress at the moment."

I jerked a bit and looked behind me. He had been behind us. He must have gotten bored and slipped off without us noticing.

I soon felt Mammon's arm around my shoulder. "Check it out! We found what we were lookin' for, so we tried to take a picture. But then HE went and jumped in front of it so we can't get a clear shot!"

"WHAAATTT?" Asmodeus complained loudly. "Oh, come on. Wouldn't you rather have a picture of ME than this boring old piece of art? I'm much better looking. Your camera will thank you! Ooooh, yes... nice picture! That was a good shot of me you know, I think I look best photographed from just above at maybe a 45゚ angle... oh, Though I always look good, naturally. As if I even need to tell you that period."

Asmodeus perked up hurrying over to Luke, Levi and Beel.

I looked at Mammon apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't even notice he was missing from our group, ah. It was just too peaceful without him."

"D'aaah!" Came a cry from Luke.

Simeon and I quickly rushed over. "Luke, What's wrong?" Called Simeon.

"What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong! I was trying to take a picture of the goddess statue here, but before I could get the shot, Asmodeus CHARMED the statue!"

Beel started talking, but his mouth was full of food. I couldn't help smile a bit as Satan lightly reprimanded him. Levi off to the side was Live blogging again. "The statue is so totally in love with Asmodeus now that we can't get her to go back to her original pose.... Sent."

I heard Mammon growling a bit. "Hey, Asmo! Whaddya think you're doin', hu?"

Asmodeus seemed offended, still holding a smile. "Well, I can't help it, now can I? It's not my fault that I'm so charming and ridiculously good looking. Also, I don't believe it said anywhere in the rules that we're not allowed to get in the way of other teams."

He turned, storming off.

Satan called after him. "Hey, Where do you think you're going? We're not done talking to you, Asmo!"

Asmodeus turned, seeming even more frustrated. "Where am I going? Oh, I dunno, maybe somewhere where I don't have to listen to someone lecturing me?"

I frowned, watching him go a moment. Simeon sighed. "He really is a handful."

I nodded. "Yea, I... Where does he get off? Being an asshole then being upset with everyone else?"

Simeon offered me a gentle smile. "What are you going to do, Min?"

I looked at him, surprised. "Ah... I don't know..." After a second of deliberation, I began to follow after him. I lightly jogged to catch up, then just followed at a close distance.

He didn't pay me much mind as I followed after him. After getting significantly far away, I called out to him. "Asmodeus?"

He looked back, expression disinterested but not unpleasant. "Hm? Ah, I was wondering who was behind me. So it's you, Min."