Oath of Ride or Die

It had been a rough morning.  I was falling asleep in my chair.  Who could blame me after finding that strange man in the attic.  It had to be the youngest brother, right?  I hoped being human was a lie.  I could hear Mammon's voice next to me.

“You’ve really got me wrapped around your finger, ya know that?  I thought I was strong, but I just can’t resist you, no matter how hard I try."

Who was he talking to?  I wasn't even fully aware class was over.  

" I never thought I’d see the day when anyone could do this to me…  I’ve fallen so hard for you.  I hope you knew what you were doing when you cast this spell on me, because I’m yours now, and there’s no going back."

There was so much affection in his voice.  I could feel my heart flutter.  I opened my eyes and sat up a bit, only to see Mammon professing his love for his credit card.  I stared at him blankly as he continued.

"OH GOLDIE, I MISSED YOU SO SO MUCH."  He glanced over at me and frowned. "Oi, you got a problem?”

I continued to stare blankly.  "Nope, I don't know why I'm surprised.  I watch you do this every day…"

He shrugged, setting his eyes back on the card. “Whatever, It doesn’t even matter to me.  As long as I’ve got my baby Goldie here with me, that's all I need.”

This was normal at least.  I mean, as normal as things could be.  It had been 2 weeks now since I arrived in Devildom, and I was loving it.  I gently leaned against Mammon.  "What kind of stuff do you even buy?  Surely you have something in mind."

He blinked at me and frowned.  "What do you mean?  You don't think-?  I don't believe this.  You think I actually just spend all my money on myself?"

I nodded.  "I mean, yea?  Isn't that just how greed is?  Amassing wealth then wasting it on pointless shit you don't need?"

"You got it all kinds of wrong.  Listen up cause I'm only gonna tell ya once… So there's this girl I met in the human world once."

I feel my lips press into a thin line and I give him a sceptical look.  But he quickly put my suspicion to death.

"And when I say girl, I mean a little girl, just a kid.  She's only 9 years old but ever since she was born she's been stuck in bed."

Mammon began to tell me the story of the sick child he had secretly been playing guardian angel for.  My heart melted for his Anonymous angel story.  I couldn't help smile at him.

"W-wow.  That's so sweet."  Just hearing him talk about it, it made me think.  I knew Lucifer at one time was an angel, which I guess all of the Demon brothers were at one point.  So at one point Mammon was an angel too.  I couldn't help smile.  "Do your brother's know?"

He huffed with a smile.  "Naw, I could never tell them.  They wouldn't believe me anyway, they'd just make funna me and say I wasn't the sort to do that kind of thing.  Besides I don't do it for the recognition, so I'm fine if they don't know."  

I nodded, leaning against him more and closing my eyes.  "Then it will stay our secret.  Just the two of us."  

I could feel myself drifting off some when I heard Leviathan's voice from right behind us.

"There you go lying again, Mammon."

Leviathan's voice itself didn't spook me, but Mammon's yelp of panic did.  I jumped and toppled out of my chair.

"What's the big idea, don't sneak up on us like that!"  Mammon barked.  

"I wouldn't have to if you weren't lying.  I have to say that was quite a story.  Lies really come naturally to you."