Chapter 3:

"Here's what you won, right there" Hector says as he hands the money and pink slip to Dom. " You were racing a bunch of skateboards. Know what I mean?"

"My sister holds the money. Count it" Dom says as he walks over to Mis handing her the money. Brian finally shows up. "Was that fun?" Jesse asks as he walks over to the car, more people gather them as Jesse pops the hood and smoke goes everywhere.

"What are you smiling about?" Tyler asks him as she notices Brian smiling and shaking his head. "Dude I almost had him" Brian says pointing at Dom causing the crowd to laugh at Brian.

"You almost had me ?" Dom asks him sarcastically. "You never had me. You never had your car. Granny-shifting. Not double-clutching, like you should. You're lucky that 100-shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Almost had me?" Dom says as he walks around the car to where Jesse is now standing with the crowd cheering him on.

"You tell him, Dominic. Get out of here," the crowd yells as Dom comes back to stand next to Letty and Tyler.

"Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. Ask any racer. Any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning" Dom says as Jesse lowers the hood of the car while the crowd cheers.

"Oh shit! We got cops. Cops! Cops! Cops! Go!" Leon yells from his car. The crowd quickly takes off running. The team all get in there car. Tyler making sure she gets Mia home safe. Dom pulls into a parking garage where he stashes his car, he grabs his leather jacket and puts it on while making his way to the exit. he's walking down the street before a cop car passes him and quickly turns back around.

"Toretto, stop right there" the cop says over the car speaker. Dom quickly takes off running. "Toretto!" Dom is running down an alley when a green car pulls up beside them. "Get in!" Brian yells from the drivers seat while Dom opens the door and quickly gets in. Brian takes off as the cop starts to catch up. Brian gets back on the main road causing the cop to crash into another car. Then two cop cars start making their way towards the green car before trying to make a road block, but then Brian just drives through it.

"You're the last person in the world I expected to show up" Dom says as they both just relax. "I thought if I got in your good graces, you might let me keep my car" Brian says. "You are in my good graces, but you aint keeping your car" Dom says. "You drive like you've done this before. Are you a wheelman?" Dom asks.

"No" Brian answers.

"You boost cars?" Dom asks knowing what hes already done.

"No, never" Brian answers him while he continues to drive.

"Ever done time?" Dom asks him yet another question.

"Couple of overnighters. No big deal" Brian answers.

"What about the two years in juvie for boosting cars?" Dom asks he just gets a quick confused look from Brian. "Tucson, right? Jesse and Ty ran a profile on you, Brian Earl Spilner. They can find anything on the web. Anything about anybody. So, why bullshit?" Dom says.

"So what about you?" Bisn asks as he looks over at Dom. "Two years in Lompoc. I'll die before I go back" Dom says. The car is then quickly surrounded by motorcycles. "Oh great". "What?" Brian asks confused.

"It's going to be a long ass night. That's what" Dom says. One of the motorcycles gets closer to the car and then taps on Brians window with a gun. Brian the dolls his window down.

"Follow us" the guy says before Brian follows him. Then they stop in a restaurant parking lot of a restaurant, they both get out of the car. "I thought we had an agreement" Johnny Tran says as he faces them. " You stay away. I stay away. Everybody stays happy"

"We got lost. What so you want me to tell you?" Dom asks him. "Who's 'we'?" Tran asks him. "Our new mechanic. Brian, meet Johnny Tran" Dom says. "The guy over there in the snakeskin pants. That's his cousin, Lance."

"So when you gonna give me a shot at that Honda 2000 of yours?" Dom asks trying to ease the tention but is ignored.

"This your ride?" Tan asks Brian as he looks at the car in amusement. "It was. It's his now" Brian answers him pointing to Dom.

"No it's not. I haven't taken delivery" Dom says, while Brian just looks at him confused.

"Then it's nobody's car. But somebody put in the wrench time. What do you think, Lance?" Tran asks his cousin while putting his hand on the car.

"It's an amazing machine" Lance says as he keeps his gun pointing at them. "Yes, indeed" Tran says. "Let's go. I'll see you in the dessert next month. Be ready to have your ass handed to you."

"You'll need more than that crotch rocket" Dom says as they get on their bikes. "I got something for you" Tran says before they drive off.

"What the hell was that about?" Brian asks as he turns to Dom. "Long story, I'll tell you later. Let's get out of here" Dom says before opening the door. They both stop when they hear motorcycles comng towards them. Dom closes the door before Lance and Tran start shooting the car. Brian quickly ducks as well as Dom does. The car starts catching fire and the motorcycles drive away. As they both were about to get up Dom shouted "NOS!" They both take cover before the car explodes.

"So, what the hell was that about?" Brian asks as they leave the parking lot. "It's a long sotry" Dom answers. "Well, we got a 20-mile hike. Humor me" Brian says.

"A business deal that went sour. Plus I made the mistake of sleeping with his sister" Dom explains with not a lot of detail. They catch a cab and head back to Torettos.