New Journey

"Congratulations Bhaiyya...", Nakul and Sahadev greeted Arjun, as they met him at that evening's special sabha to announce the great news. Arjun lightly blushed, which was maybe the first time he was doing so. He smiled to himself. This woman.... has to be the death of him. The Sabha soon got over with a lot of pleasantries. 

Arjun was craving to have a glimpse of his love. He pushed open the door of their chamber. To his utter astonishment and surprise, the chamber was all lit up with colourful diyas. He looked around, as his eyes fell on his ethereally beautiful wife, walking out from the inner chamber , towards him. Arjun walked up to her. "Really, Krishnaa? I should be doing all this and much more for you, and not the other way round..." For the first time ever, Krishnaa made the first move towards Arjun. She hugged him tight. A few happy tears rolled down her cheeks as she whispered her heart out to him, "Thankyou Arya for the gift of motherhood , that you have already given me. Thanks a lot for tolerating my tantrums , and all the best for many more ahead..", a wet chuckle escaped her mouth, as Arjun smiled and she sniffed and continued, "Arya I have never told you how much I love you, first. It was always you saying that the first, and me just reciprocating. So, just in case, our lives are on the verge of entering a new phase of co-parenting, I wanted to express my love to you, first..." Krishnaa slowly broke away from the hug. Arjun stared at his amazingly trail-blazing wife, his lips curved up in a blissful smile and his eyes glistened, as Krishnaa took his hands in hers and confessed, "I love you so much Arya.. More than I can ever express. Even the light of all these diyas fail express that... I just want o assure you Arya, that my love for you can never ever lessen the least bit, it always goes on increasing, no matter what. So, I will always be by you... Rather, we will be...", she concluded, keeping her palm on her abdomen. Arjun tears have already made their way down his cheeks. Maybe she is the only lady who can make him cry with the immense intensity of her love. Arjun hugged her close and tight. "I love you....", he whispered, heating up her cheeks. He slowly lifted up her chin, as his lips captured hers in a territorial kiss, as if nothing else in the world ever mattered. The sensation of the baby within her only grew his protectiveness. His overprotective and highly loving facet was unleashed, yet again. Tears streamed down both of their cheeks--- happy tears, as they could feel new horizons being opened up to them, while Arjun went on deepening the intensity of the kiss, making Krishnaa squirm and groan. He finally let her lips go, as she panted to catch her breath. "Ishshh Arya...", she nearly scolded Arjun, mock-glaring at him. Arjun looked up at her, a bit baffled. 

"What??", he asked, worried that he might have hurt her. "What is my baby learning from her father?? These 'manners'??!! Behave yourself please atleast for the next nine months...", she said with a grave-looking frown. Arjun smiled at her. How can a baby herself , give birth to, and deal with a baby? He inched closer to her, as she stepped back. He caught hold of her and wrapped her in a warm and strong embrace. He slowly whispered to her, his breath hot on her lips, "I literally have no way to 'behave' myself, atleast with such a beautiful and alluring wife. Not atleast for nine dead-long months. I really will be dead by then, if my lips don't get to touch yours..... Moreover, tell me something... Why did you call the baby 'her'??", he asked naughtily pointing at her tummy with his eyes. Krishnaa laughed at the first few words, but the last question kept her stupefied and wondering... Really, why did she call the baby 'her'? She smiled a bit, thoroughly confused, looked up to meet Arjun's curious gaze and shrugged, "I don't know... Just like that.... Randomly..." "I know... Motherly instincts...", Arjun instantly added, his eyes beaming with joy at the thought of his daughter. "I really so much want a daughter Krishnaa.. As charming and lively as you... Just as amazing as her super-mother...", Arjun almost gushed, the prayer and longing evident in his voice. Krishnaa giggled. "What if I want her to be as brave and skilled as her father? A dashing warrior... Slaying it all...", she asked innocently. "Don't worry baby... She will be both... The best combination ever, of valour, courage, beauty, skills, knowledge and values... All the possible positive qualities that we both embody...", Arjun said, as if in a trance, as if speaking out some Divine predictions.... Krishnaa slowly touched his shoulder, bringing him out of the trance. "May the Heavens make all your words true...", Krishnaa whispered, her voice bringing a subtle smile on Arjun's face. Both of their gazes zeroed down to Krishnaa's abdomen, where they knew their HOPE was growing...

A few months swiftly flew by. Subhadra was due for 4 more months. Krishna and Satyabhama were planning to  leave soon. They would take Subhadra with them, since they weren't very sure if Arjun would be able to be there in Indraprasth during the delivery of her child. They also insisted upon Krishnaa leaving for Panchal, but she refused. Meanwhile the royals of Panchal were also informed of the good news. They were so happy, but so sad for not being able to come to Indraprasth, as handling the North-western frontiers had kept them too busy. This also signaled Arjun that the time for his departure was nearing. He just wanted to stay back for about two more months and take care of Krishnaa. Krishnaa was growing a bit seriously weaker, as the days passed. She was also too heavily pregnant to be recognized as due for 5 more months. The Rajvaidyaa had thereby recommended, rather ordered, her complete bedrest. Though, with the advice of all the elders of Hastinapur, Dwarka and Panchal , showering in, in the form of letters, Krishnaa stayed highly in touch with books, handicrafts etc. Everyday she would regularly watch Arjun's practice sessions and listen to the two Sakhas discussing war, administration, finance and politics. All of this felt better than ever before, as if her body called for all this enlightenment. One night, Krishna, Arjun, Krishnaa, Subhadra and Satyabhama were sitting in Krishnaa's chamber. Satyabhama and Subhadra were sitting on the bed, chatting merrily. Krishnaa was a bit ill. She couldn't eat anything but a little kheer since morning. It was evening, but still her nausea persisted. So, she sat pale and silent on the couch. Near to her, on the table, the two Sakhas were planning a new type of chakra vyuh. The two other ladies were least interested in this, and totally immersed in their conversation. Very frequently Arjun's worried eyes scanned his wife. Krishnaa smiled dryly, assuring him again and again that she was alright and he could continue with his work. Krishnaa suddenly felt drawn towards their discussion about this new chakra vyuh. She inched a little closer towards their side, on the couch. They were discussing the pros and cons of the various ways of breaking into and out of the previous existing kinds of chakra vyuhs and also this new one, as they were tallying those. Krishnaa sat still, all her senses focused on the planning at the table, on which lay a model of the new vyuh and also some maps of various places. Krishnaa's forever curious eyes scanned those. After some time, the discussion was over. It was almost dinner time. 

Arjun came to Krishnaa. Sitting beside her, he held her hands in his, as he gently started rubbing those, silently expressing his immense love and concern for her, and also for the baby...