Old Acquaintances

Dearest Readers..
Sorry for changing the name of the previous chapter from 'Old Acquaintances' to 'Warning' . Actually the relevance focus of the chapter shifted a bit. Hope, you're enjoying the story. Never forget to share your views in the comments...
~ With love,
Bristi🧡
____________________________________________

The three were walking out of the guest quarter premises when they were stopped on their tracks by a voice. "Arjun..." Arjun turned back. In the dim dusk light, Uruvi's figure slowly became prominent. 

"Uruvi...?", the shock in Arjun's voice was evidently audible. He had turned around towards Uruvi, only to freeze at her sight. What is she doing here? She was even carrying her son- Vrishakethu. She hurried towards them. "Pranipaat...", she softly greeted all three of them, as they greeted back. Uruvi suddenly looked at Arjun, as she could feel her eyes burn and moisten. Arjun just didn't know how to reciprocate to this weird look in her eyes. He could even sense what this look could be all about. In order to lighten the thickening air, Krishnaa spoke up first, breaking the uncomfortable silence. "What's the concern Uruvi didi? Is there anything we can help you with?" But before Uruvi could reply, little Vrishakethu, who seemed to be about the age of Abhi, giggled suddenly, catching everyone's attention. Krishnaa smiled, immediately understanding that the giggle was directed towards her, and extended her hands and took him in her arms. Vrishakethu smiled at her, staying silent. He has got this calm and silent nature from his father. 

Uruvi now replied to Krishnaa's question. "Actually I need to talk a bit with Arjun. I know he is in a rush, still. I won't take much of his valuable time." It sounded like her appeal to Krishnaa to allow him, rather ask him to agree to talk with her. Krishnaa replied gently, "Sure... You don't need to ask for my permission like this. You two are friends almost from childhood. So, you can obviously have some important talks with him." Saying this, she looked towards Arjun, nearly requesting her with her shining blue eyes. Arjun frowned and then nodded at Uruvi. "Okay, then I am waiting there... you come...", she said, pointing towards the garden of the guest quarters premises, and then added, "Could you please keep Vrishakethu for the while?", looking at Krishnaa, who immediately nodded with a gentle smile. Uruvi left. Arjun waited till she was gone out of hearing distance and then nearly warned Krishnaa in a husky whisper, as he held Vrishakethu's hand, intentionally brushing his knuckles against the silky skin of her arm, "I'll be back in a while sweetheart. I intended to do something, which is still an unfinished business, and I need to accomplish that as soon as possible, before the guests arrive..." Saying this he left, as Krishnaa blushed hard and Madhav chuckled, while the baby boy stared star-stricken at Krishnaa's pretty face. 

"Uruvi", Arjun called out in moderate volume, as Uruvi turned towards him. "We are meeting after so long... I can't believe,  how time flies... You are such a well-settled complete man, with a complete family..." Arjun chuckled, "That I am. With my Ardhangini beside me, I am, no doubts, a COMPLETE man.." Uruvi couldn't reply, as she stared at his handsome face, glowing like bronze in the last golden rays of the setting sun. She had once left behind this man to hold Karna's hand. And as luck would have it, thanks to the evil association of Duryodhan and his comrades, her husband has done such lowly things, which make her feel more ashamed than ever, especially, while facing Draupadi. After an awkward silence, Arjun asked her, "By the way, let's come to the point, what is it?" Clearing her voice, Uruvi began in a hesitant tone, "I still remember the night I left you behind, not even concerned about how you might feel.... Though, as destiny would have it, your love for her had soothed out all your pain, and I am so grateful to her for saving me from some immense guilt..." Uruvi halted. Her voice heavy with emotions. Arjun immediately retorted, "Yes... Obviously... But, she didn't soothe my pain.. She prevented the pain from even touching me.. Actually OUR love did... And, actually I am thankful to you for doing what you had done that night. That was the real beginning of the fruition of my and her love..." Arjun smiled, looking up to the dusk sky. His other wives would be arriving soon, bringing in hoards of bitter memories from his past. This blast from the past NOW, was the last thing that he wanted. Uruvi maybe wasn't even realising it herself, how blank she was making Arjun feel. She was reminding him of a time when he wasn't yet COMPLETE. Arjun fidgeted a little in his standing position. He somehow just didn't want to have this conversation with that Karn's wife now. Now, he needed to go to Krishnaa. They needed to have atleast a short and good conversation before his other wives arrive. Or else....
He won't be able to bear any more separation... More, because now he knows the reality of their forever intertwined lives...

"I'm sorry for wasting your valuable time... Now.. when you are so busy...", Uruvi said softly, her tone drenched with guilt and an unexpected emotion. She really can't hate Arjun, inspite of the fact that he is her husband's sworn enemy. No. She is not in love with Arjun, out of nowhere. But, honestly, she misses their friendship. She would really like to be friends with him again. But, that's never possible... Or possible, only after one of the men vanquish the other. Even the thought horrifies her. "It's okay Uruvi... I can get it. Don't feel guilty for whatever he did, you haven't done anything to be ashamed of... Just, stick to your virtues, and, if possible try to detach him from his evil and toxic company. To steer you clear of any further complicated thoughts, I clarify, I don't hate Karn as a human being in himself. But, how can I forget that he watched my wife getting tortured, without the slightest bit of remorse or opposition? As of us, we are still friends... And, I need to say... Vrishakethu is cute.. and I hope by now is has already become a fan of Krishnaa.. so, we need to rush, or else, he won't even let her go... And, we will be big bad losers...", Arjun concluded with a chuckle. Uruvi laughed. He is still the same mischievous Arjun. They both went back to where Krishnaa and Krishna were standing with Vrishakethu. With a lot of difficulty, Uruvi took back Vrishakethu from Krishnaa.

After a short farewell session, they went ahead on their own ways. As the sun finally set beneath the horizon, Uruvi realised that a huge weight had been lifted off of her...